Skip to content

Sahuigan City problem - spoilers

Hi, I just played the BG2:EE version of Sahuigan City, and I never got a chance to talk to Prince Vilynaty (the rebel prince.)

When I first went down into his throne room, all the guards were hostile.

Then, when I got to the Prince and the priestess, they were both hostile. So, I had no choice but to kill the Prince and take his heart to give to the King.

I remember that I was supposed to get a chance to change sides - I was expecting the Prince to have a blue circle, and to get a dialogue.

Is this a bug with BG2EE, or am I missing something here? I'm certain that there were no AoE spells used that could have hit the Prince. We went in with straight melee and ranged weapons, one hostile guard at a time.

Comments

• kryptixkryptix Member Posts: 741
    You have to talk to the priestess and get the rebel orb or he is hostile.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    edited January 2014
    @kryptix, there was never a chance to talk to her or get a rebel orb. Where was she supposed to spawn and offer us the orb?
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    Did you talk to thing king's priestess, north of the king? She's the one who gives you the orb, not the rebel priestess.
    @nano, I'm pretty sure we did. If that's the problem, it may be that we needed to talk to her one more time after accepting the main quest from the King. I don't remember that dialogue being that easy to miss, though. Oh, well, I guess I'll just have to see how it goes the next time I go through the scenario.

Are you saying that you should have the rebel orb from the priestess during the very first time you talk to the King?

She came out and talked to us after we left the king, went north, and got attacked by rebels, and she explained everything about the bloodline dying out and that the king was mad. But she never gave us an orb, nor suggested that we talk to the Prince.

I'm pretty sure something broke the alternate quest line, but I have no idea what it was. I've *never* had any trouble siding with the rebels in 15 years of playing the original version of the game.
    @belgarathmth

You have to convince the king's priestess the one you first meet when you get to the city (after you talk to the king) that you are willing to listen to the rebels, and she gives you the rebel orb.
    @kryptix, yes, I definitely talked to her, and agreed to talk to the prince, and she did not give us the orb. The only thing left I can think of is that I misclicked, and didn't give my usual dialogue response of agreeing to cooperate.

Unfortunately, I haven't got any way to test that now, as I have no earlier save to revert to.

It's not a huge deal, since there is no difference whatsoever in outcome other than roleplaying. Maybe it's not such a bad thing to refuse to help a species that preys on humankind to propagate.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Based on your use of "us" and "we" I'm assuming you are playing multiplayer. It could be some kind of bug related to that. But I just tested the quest now in single player and I acquired the orb. You get it from Baron Thelokassyil.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

@kryptix, yes, I definitely talked to her, and agreed to talk to the prince, and she did not give us the orb. The only thing left I can think of is that I misclicked, and didn't give my usual dialogue response of agreeing to cooperate.

Unfortunately, I haven't got any way to test that now, as I have no earlier save to revert to.

It's not a huge deal, since there is no difference whatsoever in outcome other than roleplaying. Maybe it's not such a bad thing to refuse to help a species that preys on humankind to propagate.

I always kill them all at the end anyway :)
    @Shandyr has the right of my pronoun use - I get so immersed, my party mates are like real people to me, so I always say "we", and "us".

Anyway, I guess I'll just have to wait until next time I do the City of Sharks, and see if I have the trouble again. If nobody else has had trouble with the rebel orb not being given, Occam's Razor suggests that I misclicked a dialogue.