Skip to content

Remove the character pause after clicking assigning new destination

The game would be significantly more enjoyable to play if there wasn't the moment of idleness that all characters feature when choosing a new destination. This moment of pausing is very jarring. Making movements smooth would be much more satiating.

Comments

• TvrtkoSvrdlarTvrtkoSvrdlar Member Posts: 353
    Is this a new thing in the EEs? I don't remember it being in the original version.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Nay, it was always there.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    It is the time the engine takes to recognize the action, and it is amusing, but you certainly need it for some reason I don't care about too much in this moment.
  • DelicieuxzDelicieuxz Member Posts: 6
    For what would it be needed? It's not engine code processing-time - that would imply that computers haven't progressed in speed since the original release of BG.
  • avocadoavocado Member Posts: 24
    I don't know too much about code-processing delicieuxz, but since the (EE) game is using the engine of BG2, and even that is 10 or so years old, it doesn't have as much to do with the computer processors as the in-game processors of the code... I think?
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    It's for calculating pathfinding. if you move incrementally in small distances, there'll be no lag. That's how you should do it anyway because longer distance pathfinding doesn't work. If you're constantly hasted, not only do the characters move quicker, but the patfinding is better and the movement is more fluid too for some reason.