Skip to content

Can't believe I just noticed this cool BG2EE feature

Hi, I have only just now noticed that the interface pause button, that gives you the time of day if you hover the mouse over it, now has a sunup-sundown icon on it.

As the day wears on, you see a little sun icon that rises and then sets in the far bottom left on the icon. As the night wears on, there's a little moon icon that rises and sets.

So, the player can now see at a glance where he/she is in the day-night cycle.

It's gotten to where I really miss things like this and the red-diamond loot pickup feature whenever I play BG1EE.

Are there any plans to backport the BG2EE interface features into BGEE in a future patch? I would really like to have the day-night cycle and loot pickup features added into BG1EE.
jackjackbooinyoureyesnanoJLeeThat1DudeCorianderCrevsDaakJuliusBorisov

Comments

• booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    the red button is the best special ability in the game!

I also love the new thing with the symbols on the character portraits that tell you what they are going to do next. I used to lose so many long-casting spells because I'm an idiot, now that will never happen.

I'd really like to see if anyone has some other cool new ideas for how to make the game less of a hassle. I think more quickslot item spots would be really nice.
    JLeeBelgarathMTHArdul
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    edited January 2014
    Yeah, the "current action" symbols are great.

I really want a way to see when your aura is clear so you know if you can drink a potion/start casting another spell/etc.

Also some kind of round timer would be nice, the same way that bard song ticks every round allowing you to keep track of spell durations... but without having to keep a bard around as a clock.

oh and fix spell hotkeys please! I really need Breach on B and stoneskin on T and Improved Haste on H and none of those are possible :( I actually liked the old keybinding system where you could see what each key was assigned to, rather than this "sorted by function" format.
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018

I also love the new thing with the symbols on the character portraits that tell you what they are going to do next. I used to lose so many long-casting spells because I'm an idiot, now that will never happen.

I like this a LOT. It was so frustrating (to me at least) when i couldn't readily determine what each character was doing next. I find without the party AI, this is less of an issue, but the added graphics are much appreciated by this gamer.

Dragonspear
  • AntagonistAntagonist Member Posts: 139
    edited January 2014
    @Belgarathmth C'mon man, the little sun and moon had been there since forever(vanilla games not ee), don't tell me you noticed them now :D
    elminster[Deleted User]CrevsDaakQuartz
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    edited January 2014
    Well, I'll be. :D

Nope, I just noticed it for the first time, after 15 years. Interesting.

Perhaps the way the newest interface changes the color scheme and relative sizes of the icons is what finally drew my attention to it?
    jackjackAntagonistJuliusBorisov
  • abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307
    I always new the sun/moon cycle was there... But never really used it until running with Hexxat.
    Don't feel bad Belgarathmth, I never noticed it until YOU said it!

herpaderp!
    DragonspearjackjackAntagonistBelgarathMTH
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    I only noticed it cos I tried to roleplay 'realistic rest', where I try to do most of the resting at night, and adventuring in daytime.

It had the unintended benefit of avoiding vampire encounters in Athkatla until my party was already pretty well equipped from other quests like Slavers and D'Arnise Keep. That's probably why I never had a particularly nasty first encounter with vampires in my LP.

My system kinda broke down (I wasn't religiously strict about it anyway) in ToB, cos the Pocket Plane provides a tempting safe zone to 'powernap' in the middle of a dungeon, and so much of the game is inside dungeons that day/night barely mattered.
    booinyoureyesQuartz
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968

As the day wears on, you see a little sun icon that rises and then sets in the far bottom left on the icon. As the night wears on, there's a little moon icon that rises and sets.

That's not an EE addition, it existed in the original game as well.

Belanos said:

That's not an EE addition, it existed in the original game as well.

That's what I said :D
    elminsterjackjackCrevsDaak
    ^I always repeat what other people said cuz I read too fast and sometimes skip shorter posts =/ Probably for the same reason I never noticed the sun/moon!
    BelgarathMTHCrevsDaak
    edited January 2014
    Nevertheless, you noticed my comment. I feel so important right now :D
    BelgarathMTHQuartz
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    edited January 2014

That's what I said :D

Yeah I know. I didn't read your post until after I had made mine. I tend to answer first, then read the rest of the thread later. So sometimes I repeat things that have been mentioned already.

CrevsDaak
    Lol, you're even better than @booinyoureyes :D
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    I noticed this in BG:EE because it was like a 3% of my screen in my iPad.
    And about it telling the time, my first half hour with SoA was 150% of moving the mouse while holding TAB to see all the actions/button's names :P.