Skip to content

#7335 Otiluke's Resilient Sphere Grants Permanent Fire/Cold Immunity

DarkExcalibur42DarkExcalibur42 Member Posts: 10
edited January 2014 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.2)
Expected Behavior:
Spell Otiluke's Resilient Sphere should grant 100% resistance to all damage types and to magic and is Held (as the status effect identical to the Hold Person spell) until dispelled or until the duration expires. Spell fails and has no effect if the target's saving throw was made.

Current Behavior:
Spell Otiluke's Resilient Sphere is granting PERMANENT 100% resistance to Fire and Cold damage even if the save is made and the spell fails. Resistances can not be dispelled. If the save is failed, the target receives all the expected resistances (Fire/Cold is still permanent), is Held, and becomes invisible. The invisibility is pretty awesome, so if that was added in EE much appreciated.

Everything is functioning as expected with the exception of the Fire/Cold Resist being permanent.

Testing Notes:
This was observed first in a multiplayer game when the spell was cast on a party member, then tested and confirmed to occur in single player. This affects party members and other characters in the game. To confirm I sphere'ed some random guard in Nashkell, then used CTRL+Q to force add him to my party and check his resistances.

CTRL+T and sleeping at an inn were used to see if the resistances would wear off after a number of in-game hours. I did not think to test if AdvanceRealTime would end the resistances.

Running the game via Steam on a Windows 8 lap top. More information can be provided upon request.

P.S. Potential issue with an EE item. If a character is wearing the belt from Gorion's corpse (the one that grants Cold resistance 100% and negates all Fire resistance) the character will NOT have any Fire resistance while in the Sphere. This potentially means a party member could be killed by a fireball while in the sphere.

Post edited by Avenger_teambg on

Comments