Skip to content

Edwin or Minsc?

2»

Comments

• booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    bladefist said:

Edwin, just to get Minsc mad and we know how that goes. I just saved them both.

genius
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    Twani said:

I generally prefer good. I do. And Minsc is basically your main character's bro: forever loyal, forever by your side, and much more willing to stand with you while you do henious acts then any other good character in the series.

...But Edwin is just so entertaining. He's one of my favorites, with his sarcasm and his muttering to himself and his stupidly ineffectual plans and his general crazy. I can't help it. He's awesome.

This!

PS I think Edwin's intellect is overrated. Provoking a giant berserk warrior to cut you into tiny pieces every time you are in a party together does not strike me as a very smart thing to do (though this deficit may be better represented by wisdom)

IMO, that only means his ego > his intelligence (or wisdom). We all know how limitless his ego is, so that won't ever be an insult to his intelligence.
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    I'd trust Minsc to the end of the world.

I'd trust Edwin to follow me as long as (s)he profited from it, and then stab me in the back at the first opportunity.

Minsc gets my vote.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164

PS I think Edwin's intellect is overrated. Provoking a giant berserk warrior to cut you into tiny pieces every time you are in a party together does not strike me as a very smart thing to do (though this deficit may be better represented by wisdom)

Int 18/Wis 10. That's a pretty big difference. His wisdom may be technically 'average/above average' but I think the massive difference between that and his Int leads him to act rather, well, stupid at times.

I picked Edwin because I loathe Minsc with the fire of a thousand suns. I'd actually hate him in real life, like I'm 98% sure I'd hate almost every character from an RPG in real life.
    Agree, and to be clear I was half-kidding :)

If I was in charge of building his stats based on his personality, I would actually make his wisdom lower. The funkiest ability scores (or in these cases disability scores) are Edwin and Minsc's charisma values. Really highlights the difference between being well loved (by fans especially) and actually *being* charismatic (which a lot of people seem to disagree with). People seem to be upset by theirs being so low while Dorn's being so high
  • KastionKastion Member Posts: 44
    Almost every memorable, quotable line belongs to Minsc. Come on ...
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    edited January 2014
    @booinyoureyes Aye, and to clear things up a little more, Edwin's Wisdom was a 9 in BG1 ... 10 in BGII. Worth noting. Dat Lore penalty pissed me off in BG1 not gonna lie xD
    Kastion said:

Almost every memorable, quotable line belongs to Minsc. Come on ...

Umm. No. That is all.
  • dementeddemented Member Posts: 388
    I voted Edwin, but thinking over it that was a mistake. If anyone is going to kill than irritating bastard, it should be me. There's a special hell for people as annoying as Minsc.
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    demented said:

I voted Edwin, but thinking over it that was a mistake. If anyone is going to kill than irritating bastard, it should be me. There's a special hell for people as annoying as Minsc.

Oh no. Who let Minsc talk in the theater?
  • tennisgolfbolltennisgolfboll Member Posts: 457
    Minsc is rather annoying imo.

Edwin is even worse. Good riddance.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Minsc in BG1, Edwin in BG2.

If the game isn't going to remember your actions, you might as well get some benefit out of it