Skip to content

BG2 Tweaks v11 Released

13»

Comments

• Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729

@Cassiopeia
    But, doesn't Neera and the other two new NPC's already have no racial restrictions?

Yes, and Dorn has no gender restrictions either...
  • CassiopeiaCassiopeia Member Posts: 14
    @Jedi_Gnome

I know, but Neera and Rasaad have gender restrictions. Actually, I started to get (very buggy) Neera flirts before the first few patches, and I got super excited about that because I didn't realize it was a bug. It breaks immersion for me to play a guy, and I wanted the new content. In any case, there's other mods for that, and this one has quite enough other useful stuff ^_^ and it's modders are quite busy enough.
  • Jedi_GnomeJedi_Gnome Member Posts: 92
    @Cassiopeia

Oh, sorry, I read your post too fast and didn't realize it said gender restrictions, since I was thinking racial restrictions.
  • KsarfeksKsarfeks Member Posts: 8
    I installed it few days ago and noticed a bug:

Mod that changes wakizashi proficiency from scimitars to katanas works properly, but messes up items' descriptions (for katanas, wakizashis and ninja-tos). English version. Although I tested it only on the items I already had in my inventory...
    OK, I don't know what I'm doing. I downloaded BG2 Tweaks v11. When I double click on it, I had it install in my Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition folder. I get an error saying it can't find CHINTIN.KEY in Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA. What am I suppose to do? And I checked the sticky about getting mods to work in BG:EE and that went over my head.
  • IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752

What am I suppose to do? And I checked the sticky about getting mods to work in BG:EE and that went over my head.

You are supposed to apply what's stated in that discussion you mention. That is the only way to avoid errors about chitin.key.
    Note that you can also follow the instructions to get Shadow Keeper to run. The discussion includes a bat file to automate most actions. Although the script doesn't cover the part implying the use of Near Infinity, it should be enough to get the mod to install. Some people mentionned they managed to install mods without the step involving Near Infinity.
    @Isaya

OK, I guess I'll look those over again.
    Thanks! Finally figured out everything! Also added Neera flirt. Hopefully everything works!
  • mormor Member Posts: 16
    You followed the guide at the first post here http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/6950/player-how-to-getting-mods-to-work-on-bgee/p1 or the one linked by Isaya ?
    mor said:

You followed the guide at the first post here http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/6950/player-how-to-getting-mods-to-work-on-bgee/p1 or the one linked by Isaya ?

The first post. It read confusing to me as I'm not too computer literate, but when I actually started doing it, I finally muddled through. Little confused with the whole "CD nameofdirectory" thing. It finally clicked that everything had to be directed to or installed in the "00766" folder.

• mormor Member Posts: 16
    I guess I am even less computer literate than you, since I have no idea what is the "00766" folder nor can I find anything like it. Since the first title all I did was to change the install path from c:\whatever\Baldurs... to c:\games\Baldurs... (I did the same with EE) then I used to dropped the mod into the game folder, run it an it worked.

Here I just shift-right-clicked on the game folder(within it the exe) , copy/pasted the string and hit enter.(completed no errors) the game works, when I run the mod install it doesn't give an error as before (about the key) but after the mod install is finished the game will crush once choose a character and start to play.

I guess I'll need to wait until WeiDU is updated, or BG:EE using mods for dummies is released :/

• IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    If you installed to c:\games\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition, then the 00766 directory is probably c:\games\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\Data\00766. That is where you need to operate for both making the links described in the "getting mods to work" guide and extracting any mod later on. This is the new "game folder" for BGEE.
    Just use the Windows Explorer to browse to that directory.
  • Michel889Michel889 Member Posts: 13
    For me the mods and custom portraits works in the main directory of Baldur. I don't need the 00766 folder for nothing, even shadowkeeper works fine.
  • TomeTome Member Posts: 466
    edited January 2013
    Tweak pack worked great until the latest patch. After reinstalling all my mods, I changed my mind about a tweak and tried to remove it. I got an error message saying that

'this mod is too old (or too new) to uninstall that component for you.'

Any advice would be much appreciated. :)
  • BerconBercon Member Posts: 486
    @CamDawg If you are interested in adding "Average hit points on level up" alongside Max and NWN style, I came up with table to achieve this: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/13927/average-hitpoints-on-level-up

Its not perfect, but it is the best that can be achieved without fully revising how the engine calculates hit points on level up which cannot be done without editing the game engine itself.
  • karpaszkarpasz Member Posts: 74
    The mod doesn't work for Bg:EE. Tried to install it couple of times now.
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    Error message?
  • karpaszkarpasz Member Posts: 74
    Yes, "cannot find dialog.tlk", even if its there.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    edited June 2013
    There's a topic around somewhere that explains how to install mods with BGEE.

Found it.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/6950/player-how-to-getting-mods-to-work-on-bgee/p1
  • DeathOfNamesDeathOfNames Member Posts: 40
    edited July 2013
    Excellent work @CamDawg. I did notice that the Dragon Disciple doesn't get an "un-nerfed" spell progression table, because it uses its own table called "MXSPLDD.2DA".

Note: The Dragon Disciple kit apparently adds +1 spell per level, which means that if you just copy the sorcerer progression table, you actually get two more spells per level (Dragon Disciple should have one less spell per level vs regular sorcerer).
    mlnevese
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    Thanks @DeathOfNames, I've got this addressed for v12.
    mlnevese
  • PorcelynPorcelyn Member Posts: 65
    This is probably a really dumb question but does this work for BGEE2 as well? I used in BGEE and I really liked it.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Yes it does.
  • T2avT2av Member Posts: 202
    Which part switches your paperdoll/avatar? Does it work for Android?
  • ChiyosukeChiyosuke Member Posts: 7
    Does anyone have a mirror for the BG2 tweak pack?
    I believe the Gibberling site is down. Or at least it hasn't been working for me for the last couple days.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    brus
  • brusbrus Member Posts: 944
    edited June 2016
    Chiyosuke said:

Does anyone have a mirror for the BG2 tweak pack?
    I believe the Gibberling site is down. Or at least it hasn't been working for me for the last couple days.

They are now being realeased as cdtweaks (The Tweaks Anthology):
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/48165/testers-wanted-tweaks-is-dead-long-live-tweaks/p1
    Aerakar