Skip to content

Record screen - Current Weapon Information

galathasgalathas Member Posts: 2
edited January 2014 in New Players (NO SPOILERS!)
Hello all,

I'm starting to play BGEE. In both, the inventory and in the record screens, I can see the specific numbers for the current weapon of my character. There is a circle that indicates two numbers. What do they mean? In the image I'm attaching the numbers are 6 and 13.

Besides, in the same image you can see that for that Long Sword the number of attacks is 3/2. Does it mean that the number of attacks can be 2 or 3?

Thanks

Comments

• moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    The number in the circle that you show screenshot is your effective THAC0 after all bonuses/penalties have been applied. I assume you are dual-wielding there? The top one is for your main hand and the bottom one is for your off hand.

The circle underneath (not in your screenshot) which contains the range (ie. 1-5) is your damage range.

Number of attacks 3/2 means you will have 3 attacks every two rounds. So 1 attack in the first round and 2 in the following round.
  • GoturalGotural Member Posts: 1,229
    False. The two numbers represent the damage range : 1d8+3 Strength + 2 Longsword = 6 to 13 dammages per hit.

If he was dual wielding, he would have at least 2 APR and the thac0 couldn't be so different between the main-hand and the off-hand. ;)
  • galathasgalathas Member Posts: 2
    Thank you! Now it makes sense!
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    @Gotural Not sure what you mean, the numbers placed one directly above the other next to the THAC0 calculation box represent THAC0 values for both hands.

It's also very easy to get such a disparity of THAC0 values for the main and off hand.

Damage values are on a single line and are hyphenated. They would also be next to the damage calculation box.

• GoturalGotural Member Posts: 1,229
    Damage values are on a single line only if you're dual wielding. And as you can see, thac0 values are next to thac0 calculs and damage range is next to damage calculs (1d8 + .... ).

Though you're right, you can get strange thac0 disparity with differents weapons and such.
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    look at your own picture and the information displayed next to damage and the information for thaco then look back at the OP post