Skip to content

Can't dual class

violently_happyviolently_happy Member Posts: 2
edited January 2014 in Not An Issue
So I have done some extensive research all about dual classes and I understand you need a 15 in your current main stat and a 17 in the main stat you want to dual to. I also know you have to be human and it has to be a current multiclass selection.

the problem that I am having is that I cant dual class my wild Mage or any of my thiefs for that matter. I would like to dual class my shadowdancer but the button stays continually grayed out. Is this a bug or am i missing something?
Post edited by Illydth on

Comments

• AranneasAranneas Member Posts: 282
    are you sure you properly meet the requirements?

shadowdancer requires you to have 15s in strength, dexterity, and charisma for you to dual class from it. the class's prime requisites are listed in the class description.

iirc wild mage is a special case and you can't dual class out of it regardless of stats, similar to Barbarian (which is essentially coded as a Fighter kit).
  • RazaDelromRazaDelrom Member Posts: 149
    The req for a Shadow Dancer is STR, DEX and CHA, what dual class did you want to add?
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Also, lawful good characters can not dual into thieves
    Bards, monks, barbarians, wild mages, sorcerers and paladins can't dual class
  • violently_happyviolently_happy Member Posts: 2
    gotcha thanks all for the help will review
  • Cartman2020Cartman2020 Member Posts: 19
    edited November 2013
    There are some classes that can't dual class, wild mages included. Not sure about shadowdancers.
    Edit: sorry, I see it's solved, but I don't know how to delete my post...
  • TopCatDKTopCatDK Member Posts: 4
    I'm having the same problem.. Can't fighters with the beserker kit dual-class??
  • TwoWayFinesseTwoWayFinesse Member Posts: 128
    Beserkers (or Kensai or Wizard Slayers) can dual, into standard Thieves, Clerics or Mages. As long as they have the right stats. (15+ in initial, 17+ in class to dual into)
  • TopCatDKTopCatDK Member Posts: 4
    And i have 16.. :-/ Typical me.. Better go to Durlag's...
  • s1w_s1w_ Member Posts: 5
    I am human Archer, with stats STR 18 DEX 18 CON 18 INT 10 WIS 14 CHA 18, i got level 2 and cant choose second class (e.g. Thief - dual-class button stays inactive)!
  • s1w_s1w_ Member Posts: 5
    I am human Archer, with stats STR 18 DEX 18 CON 18 INT 10 WIS 14 CHA 18, i got level 2 and cant choose second class (e.g. Thief - dual-class button stays inactive)!
  • ronaldoronaldo Member Posts: 263
    @s1w_ Archer is a class kit for Rangers and Rangers cannot dual class to Thief. They're only option is Cleric.
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    The good news is that if you persevere, there are sufficient bonuses in the game for the dual to cleric to work, although the only ranged option for clerics is slings - you might not see much benefit from Arching.