Skip to content

Bg1ee to bg2ee

2»

Comments

• iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    BG isn't free either.
  • davemodavemo Member Posts: 147
    UGH! You suggested having the app as a free download where both games are IAP. In that case, the app is a free app. Anyone can own it and write stupid reviews, even without buying the IAP. This was your suggestion. Why do I have to explain the difference. You are the one who suggested both games as IAP.

I was addressing your suggestion. So your "BG isn't free either" is irrelevant.

You don't rate IAP. You rate the app. So with your suggestion, we will see 13 year olds download the free app and then write reviews, 'this game is a ripoff! they are just trying to sell overpriced DLC. Don't waste your time.'
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    Oh wow, what a huge problem indeed.
  • vkbestvkbest Member Posts: 42
    mars0124 said:

Considering iPad apps are sandboxed (isolated) from each other, I don't see how you could possibly import a BG:EE save into BG:EE2 without the use of the cloud or enabling a file sharing service within BG:EE/BG:EE2. As the game stands, you will definitely have to work for it.

There are ways.

http://enharmonichq.com/sharing-data-locally-between-ios-apps/
  • solidus0079solidus0079 Member Posts: 60
    edited December 2013
    The desktop versions can import, yes? Then Funbox the saves over.
  • davemodavemo Member Posts: 147

The desktop versions can import, yes? Then Funbox the saves over.

Using the desktop to put content on a mobile device? Is this 2010 ;)

I am not interested in manually managing saves.

I assume that the game can handle this, so instead of speculating we can try BG2 when released.
  • solidus0079solidus0079 Member Posts: 60
    edited December 2013
    We'll I'll be honest. I'm not too concerned what you consider to be beneath a man of your station. I'm just curious if it works. It's just a one-way and one-time thing. I'm just curious, as I'd be willing to do it when the game launches and nothings in place yet. Takes like 10 seconds if you know what to do.
  • timerinotimerino Member Posts: 11
    iPad BG 2ee just got released. I could not find the import button in BG 2ee. I don't recall an export to BG 2ee from BG 1ee either. Did I totally miss something?
  • timerinotimerino Member Posts: 11
    edited January 2014
    timerino said:

iPad BG 2ee just got released. I could not find the import button in BG 2ee. I don't recall an export to BG 2ee from BG 1ee either. Did I totally miss something?

I found it, but it's empty:
    (1) Single Player
    (2) New Game
    (3) Create PC
    (4) Import
    (5) From Saved Game
    ... List is empty.

If I choose "PC Files" (instead of From Saved Games) then I see 4 files. I don't see any BG 1ee game saved. I have a few saves there plus the one named "Final Save" created by BG 1ee when the game is beaten.

Anyone know what is wrong?

ps bg1ee is still installed and it sees all it's saved games fine.
  • ZlackerZlacker Member Posts: 3
    Hi. I just bought bg2:ee and I have recently completed bg:ee.(spent alot of time collecting all tomes)

I have exactly same problem as "Timerino".

Is this Working as intended or are you Working on a patch where it is possible to import the character from bg:ee to bg2:ee.

As a side note I can information you that in App purchases are not Working either. (Im under the Danish AppStore). Im guessing that the in-App purchases Will be fixed and im hopping that you Will fix character import on ipad.

I love the baldur games and have played them many years ago - and one of the things that I loved about them was the ability to complete the games with the same character.

Hoping for a Quick response. Since i have waited since 15th of november to play bg2:ee game with my character from bg:ee,
  • muleptonmulepton Member Posts: 4
    @kurufan posted this in the "IPAD Release Date II" thread:
    kurufan said:

If you go into BG1, you can Export from the Character screen. It then gives you a popup that allows you to, among other things, "Open in Baldur's Gate II". Select that. It then opens BG2 and the import function (import a character, not a savegame) should work - it did for me.

• ZlackerZlacker Member Posts: 3
    Hello again. your procedure works just great ! (also lost all gear).

Im now playing a BG2:EE game using the way you did it. But while i was waiting for a reply i figured out a more dirty way to do it :

The Guide under announcements- using the i-funbox tool works. But you need to copy it to your PC/MAC and the enter BG2 and make a first save (dunno if this is needed - but i did it to ensure that it was created correctly) - I then entered the I-funbox tool and copied the files down into the savegame that i created initially. And Whooosh I am now playing with my BG:EE character.

Use this link - http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=16454255&postcount=1

For a guide to understand how to copy from. (the copy back to ipad is almost identical).

Take care.

Z.
  • fluxdeluxefluxdeluxe Member Posts: 15
    edited January 2014
    Is there any difference importing a saved game file rather than a character? What i mean is what extra advantage would you gain from importing a saved game rather than the character file? I've imported my mage in to BG2 and lost all of my items bar the pantaloons, which is normal behavior as you have been captured and imprisoned
  • MonoCanallaMonoCanalla Member Posts: 291

Is there any difference importing a saved game file rather than a character? What i mean is what extra advantage would you gain from importing a saved game rather than the character file? I've imported my mage in to BG2 and lost all of my items bar the pantaloons, which is normal behavior as you have been captured and imprisoned

Saved game: you get the 15000xp from Sarevok.

Character File: You can cheat and use as much characteristics books as you want.

I guess you can also export your character from a saved game and have both things.

Saved game: you get the 15000xp from Sarevok.

Character File: You can cheat and use as much characteristics books as you want.

I guess you can also export your character from a saved game and have both things.
    In the scheme of things not a very big deal then as 150,000 xp is a teardrop in the ocean and you max the level cap well before the end of TOB and i don't cheat!

• Twilight_FoxTwilight_Fox Member Posts: 448
    That working just fine.

1) you create a new game in bg:ee with the exported char that you want to play in bg2:ee
    2) once in game, you export it again and then a window will prompt, select the bg2:ee option
    3) bg2:ee will then open and your char will be in the import list of bg2:ee

* do not forget to close the bg:ee app that is still open
    you don't need to create a new game

load up a save game (I recommend just before the fight with Sarevok)

Go to the child of Bhaal's character record

select export located at the bottom right of the UI

Give the character file a relevant name by clicking on the 'Export Filename' field at the top

select done

A popup window will appear, select open in BG2, et voila!

As previously mentioned don't forget to close BGEE unless you are a fan of eating up your battery life

• snexsnex Member Posts: 9
    i am not seeing any popup asking me to open the file in BG2
  • AimonAimon Member Posts: 6
    snex said:

i am not seeing any popup asking me to open the file in BG2

Not sure, but I think both games must be running when you do it. That did it for me, anyway.

Regards.

• PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    I did it and I'm sure BG2EE wasn't running (I had just finished to download it and I haven't opened it yet).
    It worked like a charme for me.
    But I have a question.
    When I was exporting the character files (before BG2EE was available), the game was asking me anyway if I wanted to esport via mail or to copy it.
    Try this:
    Export the character anyway (give it a name you'll remember).
    Start a new game in BG1
    create a new character trying to import the character.
    Do you see the character you have just exported?
    What about Black Pits 2? Do I have to export every single of the six characters?
  • VittordeVittoVittordeVitto Member Posts: 225

you don't need to create a new game

load up a save game (I recommend just before the fight with Sarevok)

Go to the child of Bhaal's character record

select export located at the bottom right of the UI

Give the character file a relevant name by clicking on the 'Export Filename' field at the top

select done

A popup window will appear, select open in BG2, et voila!

As previously mentioned don't forget to close BGEE unless you are a fan of eating up your battery life

is this serious or it's a joke ?

Pibaro said:

I did it and I'm sure BG2EE wasn't running (I had just finished to download it and I haven't opened it yet).
    It worked like a charme for me.
    But I have a question.
    When I was exporting the character files (before BG2EE was available), the game was asking me anyway if I wanted to esport via mail or to copy it.
    Try this:
    Export the character anyway (give it a name you'll remember).
    Start a new game in BG1
    create a new character trying to import the character.
    Do you see the character you have just exported?

yes this works fine, i just never get the pop-up asking me to open the export in another app. it just goes directly back to the character sheet.
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    Did you buy bgee and bg2ee with the same istore account?
    yep, they are both on the same ipad. im not sure why that would prevent the dialog from popping up in bg1 at all. i remember exporting files a while ago just to test it, and i never got a popup back then either, it just saved it.
  • DantasticDantastic Member Posts: 3

What about Black Pits 2? Do I have to export every single of the six characters?

Yes, but on my 16GB iPad Mini, I was able to have BGEE and BG2EE both open, and could switch back and forth between character screens at will. In earlier experiments using fluxdeluxe's method, iOS would suspend one app and open the other from its loading screen, which was a pain to do multiple times. But once I quit all other suspended apps to get enough memory space back (I assume that is why) it worked to switch back and forth directly, without getting a new popup each time. All of the characters I had made in BGEE (for my own party in multiplayer mode) I transferred to BG2EE in this way, not just the Child of Bhaal, btw.

Not to hijack the thread, but one additional note about importing: If you use multiplayer to import a duplicate of CHARNAME Its a great way to get back the BGEE items you didn't want to get stripped or have to repurchase later. I noticed a couple such items had their descriptions changed and abilities altered, so apparently if the same item name exists in both games, you only get the BG2EE edition (that nifty stunning mace didn't make the jump intact--it appears to be just normal now. On the other hand, the Ring of Wizardry got automatically upgraded to the better version...)

I don't suggest importing items this way unless you want to significantly downgrade the challenge of the early game (which I do, especially in getting out of Irenicus's Dungeon quickly). Midgame, you'll be finding better stuff than most of what you can import from BGEE (with just a few special exceptions!).

Good luck!
    How can I put portraits in BG2?