Skip to content

Imported character proficiencies

Spent the last year creating two bgee characters to play through the saga. Finally got bg2 (iPad) and when I import my character....they are stuck with their bg1 proficiencies. For whatever reason my dumb ass thought you got to edit those at the beginning of the second game. Any ideas how to adjust those prof's for bg2?

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    You should get an editor for this task.
    If you want, you can upload the files in a zip and I can edit them for you :)
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    You can edit with eekeper on a PC or Mac and then transfer back to ipad. Works like a charm, just created an (illegal) assassin / fighter multiclass for a future solo run and transferred it over.
  • Royce1987Royce1987 Member Posts: 89
    I know it's been discussed before, but can someone explain for a computer dumbass how to edit my iPad saves on my laptop then get them back to the iPad? Thanks for y'all's help with this.
    Well, I'm too damn dumb for this stuff. Is there any work for an iPad version of ee keeper?
    Do you have to jailbreak your ipad to do this?
  • atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,146
    No you do not have to jail break your iPad. Just have eeKeeper and iFunBox on your PC. When you open iFunBox, and dock your iPad to your PC, you'll be able to open up the iPad almost like Windows Explorer on the PC! Then its a pretty simple matter to move saves over to the PC, edit them with EEKeeper, and move them back to your iPad.

I'm seriously no computer guru myself, but I figured it out. Its more intuitive than you might think.
    I'm having issues with the directory. Can't seem to locate the game.
  • atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,146
    Royce1987 said:

I'm having issues with the directory. Can't seem to locate the game.

It's been a while since I did this so I don't remember exactly where it is. Be sure to check all the folders and sub-folders on your iPad. I'm thinking it was in data, then 0766; or somethingorother. Sorry, I really don't remember exactly.

Don't worry about opening folders, that won't hurt anything. You're looking for "save", then all of your various saves will be sub-folders within. So inside save you should see the various save names you've used to save your game. Just take that whole folder and move it to your PC (I also have BGEE on my PC, so I put it in the PC's save folder). Then when you open EEKeeper there is a tab for installation directory. This will let you point EEKeeper to exactly where you put the save folder on your PC. The onscreen prompts should also be helpful.
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    Check out the screenshots in http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=16454255&postcount=1

on where the folders are.

How messed up are your proficiencies anyway to go to so much trouble? You'll get a lot more in BG2 and most NPCs are sub-optimal so you get used to developping towards the setup you want.
    atcDave