Skip to content

#7187 [RASAAD] Rasaad Saradush-sacked loop

mungomunkmungomunk Member Posts: 63
edited November 2013 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
After completing almost everything chapter 2 has to offer, I recruited Rasaad to check out his quest.

However, he began to loop his dialogue about the Resurrection gorge. First it happened after I killed the adventurer group in the amphitheater. So I reloaded, did the battle again and could avoid the loop. Now, everytime I try to leave the area, I'm waylayed by those broken tears sun soul guys and do the fight. After the fight Rassad does the ressurection gorge loop...no escape. Every f***ing time.

Kicking him out of the party doesnt help, since whenever I recruit him again, the loops is immediatly there.

Also, the dialogue has no valid links or replies.

beamdog version with latest patch, no mods installed.
Post edited by LiamEsler on

Comments

• doshidaniadoshidania Member Posts: 46
    I had a similar issue with his looping dialogue in TOB. I hope they fix these...
  • MilochMiloch Member Posts: 863
    Can someone post the steps to reproduce this and/or the exact dialogue text where the problem occurs. Also the dialogue line that leads to a "no valid links or replies" state. Same goes for ToB if there's an issue there. Thanks.
  • WolfosWolfos Member Posts: 4

I had a similar issue with his looping dialogue in TOB. I hope they fix these...

Throne of Bhaal, After killing Yaga-Shura, Rasaad conversation triggers after rest. Start line, "I could not sleep". After each rest, this conversation loops and re-triggers.

First attempt to break loop, option 1 for each PC choice (4 times). continues to loop.

Second attempt, option 2 each PC choice (4 times). continues to loop.

In SoA, noticed Anomen's quest has an infinite loop as well. After going to see his sisters remains and finishing the conversation, when teleported back to his father, the fisrt dialogue triggers again and you teleport to his sisters remains again. The only wway to break the loop is by selecting option 2 before finishing the conversation and teleporting back to Lord Cor. If you select option 1, it loops.

Was hoping this would be the case for Rasaad's conversation loop, but I have had no luck.
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @Wolfos A savegame in which this issue occurs would be very handy. :)
    I'd be happy to give you mine but I don't know how to upload it.
    Here is a Quicksave with the Rasaad glitch
    Repro'd, internal ID is #7187, aaand fixed.
  • WolfosWolfos Member Posts: 4
    LiamEsler said:

Repro'd, internal ID is #7187, aaand fixed.

You gotta teach me that sometime. ;)

• MilochMiloch Member Posts: 863
    Wolfos said:

You gotta teach me that sometime. ;)

What, how to fix stuff? Liam may not be the best one to ask; he's better at breaking stuff. (hides)
    @Miloch ;D Ain't that the truth!
  • mungomunkmungomunk Member Posts: 63
    Here's my save. I had Rasaad kicked from my Party cause he was driving me insane. Simply recruit Rasaad and you'll see the msg that occeurs. Couldnt save after the recruitment cause he's way to fast in spamming me:(
  • leysleys Member Posts: 3
    I've the same dialogue loop problem of Wolfos, but I didn' understand how it can be fixed. Could you explain again to me, please? Thanks.