Skip to content

Who Does this

2»

Comments

• AntagonistAntagonist Member Posts: 139
    @Son_of_Imoen My avatar is the original Facebook profile pic. Most "friends" on facebook probably don't even remember how I look ;)
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    I generally don't use social media. I have a blog and DeviantArt, and that's pretty much as "social media" as I get.
  • FatalApocalypseFatalApocalypse Member Posts: 66
    Facebook is for queers lol
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    edited January 2014

Facebook is for queers lol

Nothing wrong with queers.

*edit: with facebook however...

• the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    Keep it clean and respectful folks.

No Facebook bashing please.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    edited January 2014
    I think my problem is that none of my friends are nerdy enough for me (perhaps because I hide my true inner geek as much as possible.... "Boo's log, Entry 4,517, I have lived among them for years, yet none suspect my true identity. I am beginning to feel like one of them... but this can never be")
    I like facebook, but love this site more. I come here to interact with people who understand my geekiness.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    It's good to have different sorts of friends.
  • GrumpyDolanGrumpyDolan Member Posts: 18
    this poll lacked some middle-ground option. I stalked this forum for a long time, but then I browse bb as much. Meanwhile I still play my games plenty, BG2EE being my current most played one. And cookie clicker, yes, I'm ashamed.
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    I'd be curious what "Middle ground" you would recommend. I tried to create as Binary a choice system as I could, but am always interested in tips on how to improve.

Let's see what I put.

(1) Spends more time on this social media site than other social media sites.
    (2) Spends more time on other social media sites than this social media site.
    (3) spends more time playing this game than on any social media site.
    (4) Doesn't play the game but does do social media sites like this one.
    (5) isn't interested in providing an opinion, but wants to see what others had to say.

I'd say that's pretty binary and easily decided upon. But if there's an improvement, please chime in.
  • GrumpyDolanGrumpyDolan Member Posts: 18
    The only one lacking is a balanced option: 'spends roughly the same amount of time browsing his forum, browsing other social media, and playing the game' - it is like that for me, play some, make a break when I will scroll through FB wall and notifications and then browse this forum, and back to gaming. That is during the free time I have to use the computer, so it does not sounds like this is all I ever do!
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    @the_spyder The options are also pretty confusing, because for example 1 & 3 aren't mutually exclusive. You should have not mentioned the game in this poll if it's about social sites... or mentioned it in a mutually exclusive way. Also, like @GrumpyDolan, I tend to have FB and this site open whenever I'm browsing, and that option's missing.
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    I have no social media accounts unless you count e-mails. At the moment, I play Civ, still some Heroes of Might and Magic, and a bit BG2EE, so I don't spend much time on social media nor do I play much BG. But someone has to keep an eye or seven on things around here. My watch never ends.
    Heroes of Might and Magic is amazing
  • AntagonistAntagonist Member Posts: 139
    Boo, I really hope you are not talking about anything that came after HOMM III + Wake of Gods. If you are.. well.. meet sword!
    @antagonist ... I liked heroes five... but 3 is clearly the best, except the campaign with the half-genie half-barbarian dude made it impossible for me to finish the third expansion