Skip to content

Extra Kits/Classes Mods? (Request)

unkinheadunkinhead Member Posts: 107
Is there any mods that exist (that should work with EE) that add additional classes or kits. I thought i saw one awhile ago that added a bunch of ranger kits and thought it was neat, it would be cool to have a larger selection of kits (if they are balanced and fair).

Anyways, is there such a mod(s) available, and if so where can i get such mods? Thanks :D

Comments

• BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    I've read somewhere that mods that add kits don't work at the moment. But if you want to check some out, your best bet is probably over at The Gibberlings Three. Pocketplane is another good site for BG mods as is Spellhold Studio.
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    There's the modding section in this forum. It's also best to move this thread there. Faiths of Faerun is the most promising, although is still on the works. Psionics Unleashed works for the latest game versions I think and is also a really good mod. Most kit mods like @Belanos said don't work atm.
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    Ooh, psionics! I've always wanted to play a halfling psion.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited January 2014
    Moved thread to General modding forum.

Concerning the OP question, most kits/classes mods are not working right now as v 1.2 externalized a lot of components of kits/classes, making it easier to add them to the game. It's just a question of time until updated mods show up.
    Post edited by mlnevese on
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    mlnevese said:

1.2 externalized a lot of components of kits/classes, making it easier to add them to the game.

That sounds very promising...
  • avocadoavocado Member Posts: 24
    mlnevese said:

Concerning the OP question, most kits/classes mods are not working right now as v 1.2 externalized a lot of components of kits/classes, making it easier to add them to the game.

I know what this is supposed to imply, but it still sounds funny.
    "Everything is easier now, that's why nothing works!"
    ... carry on.

• IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    Adding kit works, provided the installation patches all the new files introduced in BGEE V1.2 and BG2EE. Authors need to update their mods for BGEE V1.2 and BG2EE.
    Here is an example of a kit mod compatible with BGEE and BG2EE, but only in French.
  • AquadrizztAquadrizzt Member Posts: 1,065
    My monk-themed mod adds a bunch of kits and is both compatible with v1.2 and written in English.
    (available here: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/18620/mod-beta-faerunian-monastic-orders)
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Aquadrizzt Let me know when it's out of beta so that I can add it to the mod list.
  • AquadrizztAquadrizzt Member Posts: 1,065
    @mlnevese Will do :)