Skip to content

Circus Tent Help

Hi all I need some help in the final room I keep being wiped out, what should I do to defeat Kalah?
I just escaped from the cells am I attempting this too early?
I seem to be trapped in this tent..
Gulp!

Comments

• CoutelierCoutelier Member Posts: 1,282
    Just concentrate everything you've got on Kalah and don't worry about the other monsters/illusions in the room. Once he goes down, it's over.
  • EldraneEldrane Member Posts: 56
    I seem to get team dying almost instantly before I can get to Kalah..
    Will keep trying..
  • CoutelierCoutelier Member Posts: 1,282
    I usually do the quest right away, and never found him that hard. Who's in your party? If you've picked up everyone so far you should have yourself, Minsc, Jaheira, Yoshimo and Aerie. I usually have Aerie open up right away with magic missile and whatever other ranged attacks she has while the others stand around her firing bows/slings at him. Jaheira has a few offensive spells too, and any buffs she and Aerie have (like Bless or Chant) you should cast those just before entering the room.
  • enqenqenqenq Member Posts: 499
    Eldrane said:

I seem to get team dying almost instantly before I can get to Kalah..

How is this possible? Did you pick a bad fight in the room before and fled into Kalah's room with all those monsters after you and a crippled party?
  • victory_rosevictory_rose Member Posts: 72
    It might help to disable the AI - some characters (depending on their scripts) tend to get distracted from their intended target if another monster hits them. If you ignore all monsters, except Kalah, they should not be able to hurt you (much) before you manage to finish Kalah off.

And just in case you haven't been doing it, haste on the party helps immensely. :)

Seriously, I find it best to ignore all monsters except the ones carrying Arie's "key", buffing to the max where the pleasure slave is, just stopping long enough in the middle room (before Kalah) to collect the scrolls in the containers there, before rushing in to pummel Kalah to quick death.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Are the werewolves one-shoting all your characters? If it is then it's an iPad bug which has been raised by a few folks so far.
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    It's not a big deal to avoid being killed by the werewolf (even if it's definitely an annoying bug).
    True Sight should dispel illusion (the werewolf are illusionary).
    A thief with a high "detect illusion" should dispel werewolves when "detecting traps".
    You can summon some creatures and use them as bait, while your party use ranged weapon.
    Use buff like protection from evil, defensive harmony, speed etc.
    It should not be impossible.
    In the upper level aim only kalah with ranged weapon and magic missile, he should die in one or two round and the battle is over.
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    edited January 2014
    This fight should be super easy if you have 2-3 companions even if you come right out of the dungeon. Sounds like the vorpal bug to me. Focus everything on Kalah and tone down the difficulty in the settings for this fight.

Are you playing on an ipad?

Ah, parallel discussion on probably the same topic is going on in the bugs section. I have to say I am pretty disappointed that the bug made it into the release even though it was found in beta weeks ago.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/29324/werewolves-keep-killing-me-in-circus-tent-have-ai-off-please-help

@Dee It seems you guys are focussing on the android release but please try to fix this and other bugs first (esp. on ipad where you can't do the workarounds like on a pc with the console). Short term it won't give you additional cash flow like a new platform but not fixing this makes the game really inaccessible to new players who will most likely pick up the ipad version. And unhappy players will hurt you more long term...
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Android programmer is likely on a different team to the iPad programmers with little resource crossover.
  • fvmedeirosfvmedeiros Member Posts: 32
    if you are playing on Ipad, there is a bug... monsters oneshot you or any party members no matter your level... there is one way to overcome this: dispel magic to deal with illusions before they hit you... bark skin, protec from eveil and such things for ghosts...
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    edited January 2014
    @decado It's not just a programmer, there's QA (hope so at least...), management attention etc. Liam himself said it's sort of responsible for delaying the next patch and IIRC this will get the pc versions on par with ipad while we need a fast new patch for ipad in addition.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/453685#Comment_453685

They are a small operation but I think they are (over)stretched to support and develop 2 games on 4 platforms and it shows. Of course I want them to be successful and they need cashflow but the bugfixing progress is definetely below my expectations. Note: my wife used to work several years in software QA in a small company.

@LiamEsler any ETAs on the next patches? Especially for this important ipad one?
    Post edited by Skaffen on
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @Skaffen I'm not on that team at the moment so I don't know, unfortunately -- I'm sure the team is aware of the issue.
  • mrmtmrmt Member Posts: 10
    Good news. This has brought my progress to a standstill. It's the inability to backtrack that's the sting in the tail.
  • EldraneEldrane Member Posts: 56
    Thanks All
    Think I'll go back to BG1 till the next patch on BG2