Skip to content

Thinking of getting this game...

strangerstranger Member Posts: 4
I remember when BG:EE was first released there was a slew a bugs. How has that been handled since then? Is it a decent game to play now?

Comments

• jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    It's much improved, in my opinion. The 1.2 patch fixed a great deal.
    CrevsDaak
  • maximaxi Member Posts: 86
    I never had serious problems, and with the last patch the game runs perfectly. If you never played BG you MUST try it at least, it's just an amazing game, the BEST game for me.
    enjoy! :)
  • MitchforkMitchfork Member Posts: 390
    I picked it up in November 2013 and it was fine. The biggest thing is that the journal is kind of a mess but it won't disrupt gameplay or anything.
  • TheZodiakTheZodiak Member Posts: 33
    I picked it up in December 2013. I would say it is stable and a very good game now.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    If you're going to buy then I'd definitely suggest getting BG:EE before BG2:EE. I prefer the sequel but learning the system from the first game is invaluable.

With regards to bugs it's never been terrible from the start. In the current version you can play through with fewer mishaps than the original Baldur's Gate, at least.
    jackjackKidCarnival
  • kaffekoppenkaffekoppen Member Posts: 377
    I never encountered any bugs in BG:EE but I played the current version mostly.

I did encounter a few bugs in BG2:EE but they weren't gamebreaking and I saw more bugs in the original BG2.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    I have to say, there was one game breaker in BG2EE for me - I lost my first playthrough as a result of it. But they fixed it right quick.
    CrevsDaak