Skip to content

SCS Playthrough

Since SCS is now compatible with EE, thought I'd give it a run through. Anyone have any party advice or something helpful to keep in mind? I've come up with this so far:

Elf Sorc
Slings

Half-Elf Ranger/Cleric
Maces
Two Weapon Fighting

Dwarf Fighter/Cleric
War Hammer
Flails

Elf Thief/Mage
Shortbow
2 handed weapon

Human Inquisitor
Axes
Long Swords

Gnome Fighter/Illusionist
Scimitar
Quarterstaff

No dual classing here, I scrapped an earlier party with dual class plans after realizing I need everyone to be immediately combat viable. Or maybe I wasn't playing too smart, but I'm sure enjoying the enemies fighting like they have some common sense. Any pointers are welcome!

Comments

• nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    Are you going on to BG2? I don't think you'll have trouble in any case, it's a solid team. Why axes for your inquisitor? I'd spare some points in the weapon styles for all your characters (two weapon or two handed, don't worry about single weapon or shield), as well as a missile weapon (very useful in BG1)
  • TheZodiakTheZodiak Member Posts: 33
    You can handle SCS with any class you like to. SCS is just another way of fighting but i wouldn't say it is to hard for dual classing. All of your proposed characters look fine. Just pick a character you want to play and have fun. As for the party advice i would still go for 1 mage BG1 and 2 mages BG2 (Imoen + another mage).
  • Xero320Xero320 Member Posts: 7
    edited January 2014
    Yes, I plan on going all the way through the saga, this will be my 4th time. I realized last night that I should have taken 2-handers with my Inquisitor for Carsomyr, I was at first gunning for Varscona in BG1. But Carsomyr is too good to pass up, and half the reason to play a Pally. Well, and those sweet Dispels and True Sights. Indispensable at early levels during SCS when mages are popping Invis and enemy thieves are chugging Invis potions. Good point on the missile weps though, my mage/thief is wrecking with the shortbow. Maybe I'll give shortbows to my fighter/mage as well. Clerics are a no go, but they can do slings. Axes for my inquisitor were for throwing axes. It's seriously way more involved combat with the mod, loving it. I just need to find a way to deal with Stoneskins at such early levels, Silke is murdering me. Does Dispel Magic work on Stoneskin? It definitely failed the couple times I tried it last night. I always just used Breach when it started getting used in BG2, never had to worry about it in BG1 lol.
    Post edited by Xero320 on
  • PawnSlayerPawnSlayer Member Posts: 295
    Xero320 said:

Yes, I plan on going all the way through the saga, this will be my 4th time. I realized last night that I should have taken 2-handers with my Inquisitor for Carsomyr, I was at first gunning for Varscona in BG1. But Carsomyr is too good to pass up, and half the reason to play a Pally. Well, and those sweet Dispels and True Sights. Indispensable at early levels during SCS when mages are popping Invis and enemy thieves are chugging Invis potions. Good point on the missile weps though, my mage/thief is wrecking with the shortbow. Maybe I'll give shortbows to my fighter/mage as well. Clerics are a no go, but they can do slings. Axes for my inquisitor were for throwing axes. It's seriously way more involved combat with the mod, loving it. I just need to find a way to deal with Stoneskins at such early levels, Silke is murdering me. Does Dispel Magic work on Stoneskin? It definitely failed the couple times I tried it last night. I always just used Breach when it started getting used in BG2, never had to worry about it in BG1 lol.

Dispel Magic when used by an Inquisitor works at double the level of the caster. In vanilla BG2, Keldorn's Dispels will work nicely against most things. Way early in B1? Your caster will likely be a lower level than Silke (not sure what level she is) so it's more likely to fail.

Dispel Magic does remove Stoneskin though.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    edited January 2014
    Silke is a level 10 Bard.
    Edit: Blast you, infernal autocorrect!