Skip to content

Leveling up - feature or bug?

Either I don't know what I'm doing (likely) or its a bug in the iPad version - I can't tell. When my character gains a level, I click on the "Level Up" button. That takes me to a screen with all of my stats - but I can't do anything. There are no "points" to allocate, clicking all the buttons does nothing. All I can basically do is exit out of that screen and continue playing. Should there be something for me to do? New skill points to allocate? Or is the game allocating Level Up enhancements automatically and just showing me the results afterwards?

Comments

• atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,150
    You don't get any stat points for leveling up (with only a few exceptions, what you start with is what you'll always have). Hit points are the only thing you always get, everything else varies with class. But the text in the lower right box should tell you what you gained for this particular level. Extra points to thief skills (if you're a thief), and weapon proficiencies for those levels where you get them are the only things you would add from that screen. New spell access requires going to either your priest spell page or spell book.
  • abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307
    edited January 2014
    Your class will make a big difference. Only thieves get something to choose on *every* level up, other classes mostly just accrue fixed bonuses.
    Weapon proficiencies are acquired every few levels (frequency again on class - eg fighters every 3 levels, mages every 6).
    Spell slots are automatically gained (Sorcerers will have to choose spells at various levels) for arcane & divine casters (these are filled via the spellbook).
  • shadowfaxshadowfax Member Posts: 11
    also sorry to semi necro, but one other thing to keep in mind, not only will the things be as they said but if you dual class a character for instance a lvl 11 thief dual classed to a fighter, you will not even gain hit points while regaining your levels, it should also be noted that if you do go for a dual class build, you should never start a dual class over lvl 13. you quite litterally wont be able to get your secondary class high enough to be able to use your original classes skills anymore
  • karnor00karnor00 Member Posts: 680
    shadowfax said:

you should never start a dual class over lvl 13. you quite litterally wont be able to get your secondary class high enough to be able to use your original classes skills anymore

There's a Kensai 21 > Mage here who objects to your use of the word (sic) litterally.