Skip to content

I would love for SOA map to link with TOB

VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469
I was always bothered that I couldn't go back to SOA area after finishing SOA. I know there will be a conflicted with NPC clones. But surely they can add in a script the removes the SOA npcs from SOA map once in TOB.

Beside that I would love for DLC quest to be added to that map.

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    They've said that this "will need to change huge amount of storyline stuff and we don't want to mess with it" a huge time ago.
  • VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469
    edited January 2014
    Well I had a different take of how this could be done. One option could be to copy the maps and update them for the TOB. Instead or make it were the maps from your save game carry over except. The Party NPC's. I believe it can be done. I guess it too much work involved for them to do it. That I can understand...
    Yea... I know I answered my own question. But still can't help to want this...
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @Vascullo I also wanted this for vanilla, I think there was a mod that created a level 7 spell that allowed you to travel from one map to another.
    Anyway you can use C:MoveToArea("Desiredarea")
    You mean the CLUAConsule cheats, I know about that trick... i might try it later
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
    Vasculio said:

Well I had a different take of how this could be done. One option could be to copy the maps and update them for the TOB. Instead or make it were the maps from your save game carry over except.

You also have to consider the effects of this feature on mods. Almost every mod out there assumes that your party doesn't have access to SoA maps in ToB (with the exception of Watcher's Keep). This feature would make a great number of mods incompatible or (at the very least) adds opportunities to screw up the mods badly.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    You could also solve it indirectly by adding a spell that teleports you back to an SoA area. There's an old mod that upon acquiring their stronghold adds an innate ability to wizards that teleports them and their party to the sphere. This ability will still be available in ToB, and can, combined with the pocketplane teleport, be used to switch between SoA and ToB areas iirc.
    Like a recall spell? how do I go about that?
  • YovanethYovaneth Member Posts: 691
    http://www.shsforums.net/topic/24405-planar-sphere-mod-v26a/

Read the forum before downloading as there's improvements and fixes on fixes. The last version plus fix seems to be almost problem-free; most of the last posts are niggles rather than bugs.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    edited January 2014
    The mod I was thinking of is called Planar Sphere Return and is different from the larger, more well-known planar sphere mod. This mod adds only the teleport ability, and can be found here. I haven't tested it with BG2:EE though.
    Thanks guys I will read up on this. Asap
  • TaearTaear Member Posts: 90
    To be fair it doesn't make sense that you can't. If Watcher's Keep is one day's travel from Athkatla, then Athkatla must be two or three from Saradush.
    It's a weird disconnect when Saradush falls and you say "Well where can I go to rest and sell stuff?" considering Athkatla is just a few days off!