Skip to content

There is no 00766 folder in beamdog/BGEE/data?? plz help

spunout1031spunout1031 Member Posts: 11
trying to use EEkeeper

Comments

• spunout1031spunout1031 Member Posts: 11
    im trying to use EEkeeper
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Where have you bought the game? And it is a Mac OS X or PC install?
    edited January 2014
    i had to download it.. also it is a PC, and by download i mean i copyed my friends game we bought it together, from beamdog.com,.... dont mind my first post :| differneet topic
    also there is no characters folder, only save, temp, temp save, and baldur.ini
    there is no sub folder called 00766 in beamdog/bgee/data it dosent exist, but its required i have noticed to use game editors..
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    It's not possible to not have that folder. The game is in it. Are you sure you are looking in the right place?
    yes lol, its not there
    local idskC:/ program files 86x/ beamdog/ baldurs gate EE/data.... nothing else but a bunch of bif files
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    The default installation for the Beamdog client is C:\Program Files\BeamDog\ for 32-bit or C:\Program Files (x86)\BeamDog\ for 64-bit. Default Beamdog location for games is C:\Program Files\BeamDog\Games\ for 32-bit or C:\Program Files (x86)\BeamDog\Games\ for 64-bit. You must have a numbered directory due to the way it keeps track of what you have downloaded. Even if you used C:\Baldur's Gate\ as the default directory, you would still have \00766\ (or \Data\00766\ if you are using the standalone launcher) or \00783\ (or \Data\00783\ if you are using the standalone launcher)

Even if you change the default location in the configuration, you will still have a numbered directory. The same also applies to the standalone launcher.

If you are using the Beamdog client, then you just need to right click on the game. You will get a context menu similar to the image below:

When you click on "Open game location," it will bring you to the parent directory, which will look similar to the below (note that the number is for BG2 since I do not currently have BG:EE installed, but it's the same method):

All you have to do is hit return/enter on that folder.

If you are using the standalone launcher/downloader, then you should have a shortcut in your Start menu. If you right-click on the shortcut, and open the file location then you should end up with a similar directory layout.

If you are using Steam, then right-click on the game title in your library and click Properties, then Local Files tab, then press the Browse Local Files button.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Where are your game files located then? From where do you launch the game?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    You may need to do a fresh install (if you're sharing the account with your friend, you'll need to use the same login credentials with the installer); it sounds like some of the files weren't copied correctly.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    The characters folder is created when you export a character, otherwise I won't be created.
    edited January 2014
    it is installed in x86 Beamdog/Baldurs Gate II Enhanced Edition there is no Beamdog/games/BBEE, mabey it installed wrong idk, and i got the character folder figured out ty, but the 00766 folder is still missing, the game works fine, just no folder of that kind so i cant mod
    Post edited by spunout1031 on
    edited January 2014
    And in the data folder there is not one folder of any kind nothing close to 00766, just a bunch of .bin files i believe. theres no sub folders in /data. I even just tried moving all the folders into the install directory.. ( save, baldur.ini, baldur.tlk). still shadow keeper, eekeeper, nothing detects the game is even installed...
    Post edited by spunout1031 on
    Nevermind i seem to have got shadow keeper to work. I had to copy dialog.tlk from my original Bg game as this BgEE didnt have a dialog.tlk, to my install directory for BgEE along with the save folder and baldur.ini.. seems to be working just fine...aside from not having a 00677 folder odd. But everything is ok it looks like..thank you all
    Another question, are there new quests and items that you can do n get without playing with a new character?