Skip to content

EE keeper and pocket plane, cannot leave

Mattly99Mattly99 Member Posts: 11
edited January 2014 in BGII:EE Mods
Hello. I unfortunately encountered an annoying bug where after I use EE keeper and my save game is in the pocket plane in Throne of Bhaal, I will be unable to leave the pocket plane. I noticed this bug after I completed the Watcher's Keep and decided I wanted to change the proficiency on my Paladin from scimitar to mace for the Storm Star. When I click the exit gate sometimes it turns black and causes the game to crash, other times the screen will turn black and then it reappears with them still in the pocket plane, but with the UI disabled like in a cutscene where I can't do anything. I tried changing other variables in EE keeper such as my total experience and the same thing happens each time I try to exit. I have included my save file of the moment where when I attempt to exit it will cause the bug. Thankfully I made a lot of saves and did not lose much progress thanks to one save file. I'll be sure not to use EE keeper when my save game is in the pocket plane though until this is addressed.
Post edited by Dee on

Comments

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    Do you have a save game from just prior to exiting the pocket plane? If so can you upload both the original save game and the modified save? Someone else reported something similar and apparently were not using Keeper.
  • JoviwanJoviwan Member Posts: 28
    I have two save files to contribute to this one. 0x81-aaaaghagh is a save where I cannot leave my pocket plane--it makes a noise, fades to black, then eventually starts just staring at the party while we stand around the exit. This is a save game that was freshly modified by EE while my party was in the pocket plane.

0x82-aaaaghagh2 is a save after I've manually teleported to watcher's keep. Porting into the pocket plane then out again functions normally at this point.

I have no insights or hypothesis about EE could possibly be related, except that EE tends to 'refresh' spells and powers, which might screw with how the pocket plane thing works, but I am an uneducated loony who has no idea what they're talking about.
  • Mattly99Mattly99 Member Posts: 11
    whoops sorry I thought I included my save file on that one.
  • Mattly99Mattly99 Member Posts: 11
    oops and the before save
    I'll look into it as soon as I have access to a computer. :-)
  • HannarrHannarr Member Posts: 20
    Same problem here :(
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Moving this to the Modding section.
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,434
    Saved games contain special structures that store the last location outside of the pocket plane for each party member.

It looks like the pocket plane info structures of your saved games are corrupt (filled with zeros or garbage data). I guess EE Keeper doesn't support those structures yet. To be on the safe side, you should only edit your saved games when your party is outside of the pocket plane.

It will be difficult to restore the data with a savegame editor, as you'll need both area code and coordinates for all of your party members.
    Your best bet is to use the game console. For example:
    C:MoveToArea("AR3000")
    will teleport your party to Watcher's Keep.
    edited January 2014
    argent77 said:

I guess EE Keeper doesn't support those structures yet.

Correct. It never supported them, nor did Shadow Keeper. Since it is more of an advanced feature, I never saw a reason to include it. 'Unknowns' (or things that were unknown but filled in by me, for example the stored locations) are not written to, though, so I will have to check this when I get access to my computers again. Someone else reported a very similar issue to this a while back, but it was not mentioned whether or not the game was modified.

If it is a Keeper issue, then I will need to get that remedied as soon as possible.

Edit: as I thought, Keeper does not touch the values for the stored locations. It has, however, moved them. I'll fix this as soon as I am able.
    Post edited by Troodon80 on
    @Mattly99, this issue should now be fixed in the latest Keeper update, v1.0.2.3. This fix is not retroactive, so you will be required to Console your way out of the Pocket Plane to start with.
  • JoviwanJoviwan Member Posts: 28
    You're a good fellow, Troodon80.