Skip to content

#7245 [NEERA] - Conversation Loop between Neera and Minsc

BasenateBasenate Member Posts: 1
edited December 2013 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
Open the attached save and Minsc will blame Neera for turning Boo pink. Go through the end of the dialogue and it'll begin again after a few seconds.

Couple of lines from the conversation:
Minsc - "No. Nooo! You, Neera! You did this!"
Neera - "What did I do now? Oh... oh my."
etc...

It won't stop unless either Minsc or Neera is removed from the party. Once they're added back, the loop continues again.

Changing areas doesn't seem to help.

Any chance for a workaround? I don't want to remove either from the party.
Post edited by Illydth on

Comments

• SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,234
    I had the same problem, so I tried your suggestion @Gate70. The next conversation then triggers, but a while after that the loop restarts... Is there another way to fix this?

Sidenote: I have the sneaking suspicion that this loop also "blocks" banters from other party members. For instance, I have Haer'Dalis and Aerie walking next to eachother for more than a week and they haven't said a word...
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Neera turns Boo pink! Worth telling @booinyoureyes, also good to know that Minsc has even MORE funny dialogs, in the Spanish section their were saying that Minsc + Lirlacor + Grunts voice set from IWD2 was the real funny thing for BG2.
    And Jan Jansen of course!
    Sjerrie
    @Gate70 I tried a value of 3, that works only to an extent. Now Neera and Minsc don't talk to eachother, but any of the other party members also still don't (it's not just HD and Aerie). This is kinda reinforcing my suspicion that their conversation somehow blocks/overrides all others.

I temporarily swapped out Minsc for Valygar to do a run-through of the planar sphere, I'll see if that helps.
    Heh, It is funny @CrevsDaak, but she must've turned Boo pink a hundred times by now. It gets old after that. ;)
    CrevsDaak
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    I've had this conversation about 30 times in my current playthrough
    CrevsDaak
    Hmm... I'm a bit further along now with Minsc back in the party, and surprisingly Neera hasn't turned Boo pink yet. Mind you, everyone except Charname (and Minsc, since he was back at the Coronet) has died at least once in the meantime, while on the Planar Sphere quest. Funny (and offtopic) story that..:
    So I was gonna be harvesting demon hearts in hell to power the sphere when I encountered one beastie, and after a few blows triggered the second. No biggie yet. I get a pop-up for an email and the game automatically minimizes. Meh, might be an important email then, so I read it, check some other email, do some other stuff. I switch back to the game... and I realize that it doesn't automatically pause when minimized... Charname is the only one left standing, and then only because I cheated with a spiffy 1HP-minimum necklace *Hides in shame*. I didn't really want to load an earlier save (which was a while ago) so I cheat-raised my people, but of course wearing no armor they quickly started dying again. One of them gets morale failure, wanders off, and... triggers the third demon. Since the party was complete I unceremoniously finished off the demons (yes, cheated again..) and went on my way.

I'll keep an eye on the variables and if I run into the again I'll post a save here. :)
    Finally got around to picking up my buddy Korgan, and there was a banter with Neera. So that's good. I did also set the OHN_MINSC variable to -1, so it might be that.
  • LuftwaffeLuftwaffe Member Posts: 8
    I decompiled Minsc's and Neera's banter dialogs with Weidu and the problem seems to be in BMINSC dialog, more specifically at:

IF WEIGHT #11
    ~ IfValidForPartyDialogue("NEERA")
    IfValidForPartyDialogue("MINSC")
    CombatCounter(0)
    See("NEERA")
    !AreaType(DUNGEON)
    Global("OHN_minsc","GLOBAL",1)
    ~ THEN BEGIN 127 // from:
    SAY #88566 /* ~No. Nooo! You, Neera! You did this!~ */
    IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("OHN_minsc","GLOBAL",1) // <- this causes the dialog loop
    // should be set to 2 so that the banter progresses to next phase
    ~ EXTERN ~BNEERA~ 57
    END

Next phase:

IF WEIGHT #16
    ~ IfValidForPartyDialogue("NEERA")
    IfValidForPartyDialogue("MINSC")
    CombatCounter(0)
    See("NEERA")
    !AreaType(DUNGEON)
    Global("OHN_minsc","GLOBAL",2)
    ~ THEN BEGIN 133 // from:
    SAY #88576 /* ~Neera? Boo and I would like to say sorry.~ */
    IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("OHN_minsc","GLOBAL",1) // <- and this one should be set to 3 perhaps, to avoid the loop again
    ~ EXTERN ~BNEERA~ 61
    END
    CrevsDaak