Skip to content

Modifying Wilson with EE Keeper

KithrixxKithrixx Member Posts: 215
Using EE Keeper, what Affects do I have to remove/edit to make Wilson able to equip items, use potions, and talk? I seem to have figured out fixing talking, but due to the ambiguous nature of the Affects, I don't want to experiment too much and remove the bonuses to hit at the expense of drinking potions.

A friend of mine wants to use Wilson's class for their CHARNAME, and I feel that the quickest and easiest way to do that is by just editing Wilson, considering that everything is already in place.

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    I can't say since I don't have BG2:EE, but it should be effects on him on in his paws, like shape-changing abilities work, his class should be selectable with NI/EEkeeper/DLTCEP.
  • KithrixxKithrixx Member Posts: 215
    CrevsDaak said:

I can't say since I don't have BG2:EE, but it should be effects on him on in his paws, like shape-changing abilities work, his class should be selectable with NI/EEkeeper/DLTCEP.

It isn't. His race is [Bear] and his class is Fighter, and he's got something in the ballpark of 12 Affects tacked onto him to make him function like he does.
    The only screenshot I saw denoted his class was "Girzzly Bear".
    CrevsDaak said:

The only screenshot I saw denoted his class was "Girzzly Bear".

I am aware that his class displays as "Grizzly Bear" - he's even got a Kit Description for it. However, his actual class is Fighter. What you saw in a screenshot does not help me.
    I know I am not helping, but it is all I know :P
    Also, check the effects, and re-check all his item slots, after that check if there is another fighter class with a different value.
  • FailGeekFailGeek Member Posts: 50
    Just by looking via NearInifity, best I can tell is that talking is set by an affect on him that disables his talking button (opcode #144) so if you remove that affect he should be able to initiate conversations. His kit usability flags in the kitlist.2da is set to 0xFFFFFFFF however which means he is unable to use anything that is considered unusable by any single class or kit so short of adding a Use Any Item affect on him I don't think he can use anything short of healing potions.

Again, this is just roughly looking at the data files via NearInfinity though. I may be wrong and it works differently in-game.
    So I did some experimenting. It seems his Kit is an unlisted one (which, of course it is, how would the creator of EEKeeper be able to tell?) and copying the value allows me to paste it to another character.

As far as I can tell, the following 0x00B5 values prevent the equipping of the following items:

Param 1: 1 = Amulets
    Param 1: 2 = Potions
    Param 1: 3 = Belts
    Param 1: 4 = Boots
    Param 1: 6 = Gloves
    Param 1: 7 = Helms
    Param 1: 10 = Rings
    Param 1: 32 = Cloaks

I seem to have accomplished what I was set out to accomplish, so... this thread doesn't really serve any purpose other than being informative.
  • zunamizunami Member Posts: 42
    I didn't have a problem modding him to have another kit. Not sure if that actually fixed any problems he had wearing rings and such. I'll check.
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,234
    Heh. I was also planning a Grizzly charname. Fun fact: since the Grizzly is essentially a fighter kit, you can make any viable multi-class combination. My charname will probably be a Grizzly-druid. :) Now for a backstory...
    Hmm @Kithrixx... I tried deleting some 0x00B5-values, but my Wilson still can't equip the appropriate items. I'm thinking just deleting the values isn't enough? Any ideas?
    @Sjerrie

Dunno what to tell you. It worked for me. You may want to experiment with tacking on Use Any Item if you're having trouble.
    I'll fiddle around some more. For the moment I've just EEKeeper'd a belt around his neck and maybe I'll put an amulet around his paw or something.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @Kithrixx,
    Kithrixx said:

So I did some experimenting. It seems his Kit is an unlisted one (which, of course it is, how would the creator of EEKeeper be able to tell?) and copying the value allows me to paste it to another character.

Not sure what you mean by unlisted, can you clarify?
    The Grizzly kit is listed in my EEKeeper (the latest, 1.0.2). You probably keep hearing it, but thank you for your great work on that, @Troodon80.
  • QueegonQueegon Member Posts: 363
    FailGeek said:

His kit usability flags in the kitlist.2da is set to 0xFFFFFFFF however which means he is unable to use anything that is considered unusable by any single class or kit so short of adding a Use Any Item affect on him I don't think he can use anything short of healing potions.

So Wizard Slayer kit makes him unable to use all magical belts, amulets, etc.
    I got Wilson to use Ioun stones in helmet slot, boots of speed, and non-magical rings/amulets. the rest is prohibited by wizard slayer.