Skip to content

[(BG1) BUG] Edwin does not deliver reward as part of Dynaheir plot

KeithSKeithS Member Posts: 623
edited July 2012 in Fixed
Under certain circumstances he does not provide the promised reward for Dynaheirs murder.

--

Changed invalid action from GiveGoldCreate(500) to GiveGoldForce(500) in EDWINJ.DLG

(Originally found and fixed in DudlyFix)
Post edited by Bhryaen on

Comments

• BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    Do we know which "certain circumstances" this refers to?
  • KeithSKeithS Member Posts: 623
    I think my wording was bad. I'm pretty sure I should have said "any circumstance" :)
  • HeroicSpurHeroicSpur Member Posts: 907
    edited June 2012
    Works, I got my reward.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    Yeah, got the 500 gold reward.
    @KeithS
    This is something related to this situation, but I'm not sure if its a bug or just an oversight that was present in the original game:

1. If both Minsc and Edwin are in your party when you first talk to Dynaheir, if you side with Edwin, Dynaheir goes hostile and Minsc leaves your party and goes hostile too. This is working

2. However, if Minsc and Edwin are in your party and you attack Dynaheir without talking to her, Minsc is perfectly happy with joining in her slaughter.

This shouldn't happen I think. Not sure if this is possible to program, but shouldn't Minsc go hostile too as soon as Dynaheir goes hostile?
    edited June 2012
    @KeithS
    I found another strange bug with this Dynaheir quest.

Problem: Once you enter the Gnoll Stronghold area (AR5100), and if Minsc is in your party, if you kick Minsc out of your party and then recruit him again, Dynaheir automatically joins your party, even if you have never talked to her and are no where near her.

Expected behaviour: Minsc and Dynaheir recruitment should only be linked after you have saved Dynaheir.

EDIT: This bug is actually pretty nice. I just tested this further:

1. Zone into Gnoll Stronghold area.
    2. Kick Minsc out of the party.
    3. Recruit Minsc again and get Dynaheir bugged into your party.
    4. Kick Dynaheir out of your party.
    5. Go make a sandwich.
    6. Come back and Dynaheir has walked all the way to your party to say goodbye.
    7. Recruit her.
    8. Clear out the Gnoll Stronghold anyway.
    Post edited by Tanthalas on
    BhryaenSethDavisPaheejJalily
    I forgot to mention, this bug actually allows you to have Minsc, Dynaheir and Edwin all in your party at the same time.

I imagine that this might raise conflicts later down the road because Edwin's "Kill Dynaheir" or Minsc's "Save Dynaheir" quests might not be flagged as completed if you recruit her in this manner.
    ChrisYui
  • BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    Great extremes-testing, @Tanthalas. :-) I bet it's an "IF IN AREA" condition for recruitment of pairs. One way I could see around that would be an added condition of "HAS BEEN RECRUITED" which Dynaheir would need as "=1" in order for you to be able to kick Minsc and then recruit both. That way if she'd never been part of the party before she couldn't be recruited simply by re-recruiting Minsc in the same area (or proximity for that matter).
    That's a pretty good one @Tanthalas that should probably be added as its own separate bug.

@KeithS
    I'm assuming you mean the recruitment bug, not the Minsc not going hostile bug?
    Yup