Skip to content

bg2 low level challenge (completed)

1235»

Comments

• AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376
    bbear said:

Now that my Christmas break starts, I want to write a strategy guide on this challenge. Which websites should I post this?

I don't think I check anythink but gamefaqs so I would suggest you include that.

• SirFrancealotSirFrancealot Member Posts: 56
    gamefaqs and these forums would be a good place to post the strat
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    (bumping this thread to find and move it)
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    Recently I completed another low level challenge. Instead of using Imoen (lv 11), I used Aerie who was lv 7/7 mage/cleric. My party composition was Inquisitor 7, Anomen 7/8, Valygar 8, Aerie 7/7, Nalia 9 and Edwin 9.

Aerie was surprisingly a very good party member. She could wear the Vhalor helmet and allow me to abuse the simulacrum once per day.

If I am to play another low level challenge, I may switch Anomen for Jaheira, Valygar for Minsc and Nalia for Haerdalis.
  • zur312zur312 Member Posts: 1,366
    edited June 2013
    very good effort
    i think fighter/ilusionist or mage would be better because it is another mage and really good mage

there is always keldorn for pal

every helm of vailor character with scrolls will be good for this LP purpose

that would be really interesting if someone could beat TOB without meta knowledge like similacrum + scrolls etc. because i'm seeing myself using it 2 much 2
    Post edited by zur312 on
    It's possible that one does not need simulacrum and project image. It will require a mastery of timing and some luck. I can foreseen the Melissan battle to be a super magic preemptive strike. Once her resistance is stripped in the 1st round, 3 mages can spam sequencer skull traps in the 2nd round.

Ideally, one should maximize the number of spell trigger and spell sequencer scrolls via enemy drops.

A fighter/mage may be useful for tanking purpose? At the beginning of SoA, he is lvl 6/6 and he cant even casts a stoneskin.
  • zur312zur312 Member Posts: 1,366
    at the end of TOTSC he is 7/7
  • FubbyFubby Member Posts: 189
    It makes me sad that you won without ever leveling up, but the only way I have won is with a infinite XP bug.

But Ive started a new game where its going much better and I dont need infinite XP >.>
  • unkinheadunkinhead Member Posts: 107
    How did you have 2 ring of gax without cheating? :O welldone though
    unkinhead said:

How did you have 2 ring of gax without cheating? :O welldone though

If exploit equals cheat to you, then whatever. I stole the ring from him first, then he dropped another one after he died. This exploit has been fixed in BG2EE.