Skip to content

Top of Iron Throne HQ

KirkorKirkor Member Posts: 700
I know it is very minor thing to upgrade, but still it's worth mentioning.
So here is how map of the top of Iron Throne HQ looks like:
It is VERY small area, surrounded by ugly black thing :(

With almost no effort I've made this:
It is not perfectly done, as some of the tiles don't fit perfectly, and it was covered by transparent fog of war, which makes the image darker.

Could you make an area of the top of Iron Throne bigger, similar to what I've made?
Hell, I could do it, but I don't know how to get rid of this transparent fog of war!
ArchaosMadhax[Deleted User]moopyTJ_HookerBalquoErgtoanwrath[Deleted User]elminsterPermidion_StarkalnairajwzSCARY_WIZARDCoryNewbMortiannaCrevsDaak[Deleted User]

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    edited February 2013
    Wait, can you actually get to the roof of the Iron Throne building? Wow, I had no idea, I always just stopped on the fifth floor, never noticed any staircase or ladder leading up.

And that reminds me, what ever happened after Sarevok killed that guy in the intro? I mean, you now have a dead body that was clearly thrown off a building, right in front of a the only tall, body throw off-able, building in the area, that Sarevok and his "father" happen to own/run. Do Sarevok and Co. just go with the "he slipped and fell off the balcony" routine when explaining it to the guard?
    Post edited by TJ_Hooker on
    NonnahswriterCrevsDaak
    [Deleted User]
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    Bhaaldog said:

TJ_Hooker said:

Wait, can you actually get to the roof of the Iron Throne building? Wow, I had no idea, I always just stopped on the fifth floor, never noticed any staircase or ladder leading up.

And that reminds me, what ever happened after Sarevok killed that guy in the intro? I mean, you now have a dead body that was clearly thrown off a building, right in front of a the only tall, body throw off-able, building in the area, that you and your father happen to own/run. Do Sarevok and Co. just go with the "he slipped and fell off the balcony" routine when explaining it to the guard?

I was under the impression Sarevok had influence over the Flaming Fist due to Angelo Dosan...
    Mmk, yeah that had ocurred to me, but I wasn't sure if Angelo really had a lot of clout before the removal of Eltan and Scar.
  • KirkorKirkor Member Posts: 700
    edited February 2013
    TJ_Hooker said:

And that reminds me, what ever happened after Sarevok killed that guy in the intro? I mean, you now have a dead body that was clearly thrown off a building, right in front of a the only tall, body throw off-able, building in the area, that you and your father happen to own/run. Do Sarevok and Co. just go with the "he slipped and fell off the balcony" routine when explaining it to the guard?

Well, there is a small spot, where your cursor appears as an question mark.
    When you click on fence it says something like "This fence was recently repaired"
    And when you click somewhere outside the balcony it says "Its a long way down" ;)

When I first played the game many years ago, I was surprised that there is nothing there on that roof.
    Maybe there should be the helmet of that guy from the original intro still lying arond? I realy liked his horned helmet :P
    TJ_HookerDjimmy[Deleted User]elminster
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    Your work looks very good. I think the point of the small window is so that you are 100% focused on the roof and to remember the scene you saw when you start the game.

Your work looks very good. I think the point of the small window is so that you are 100% focused on the roof and to remember the scene you saw when you start the game.

I understand that. But in the original, resolution was so small, that there was no blackness around the area. With higher resolution it just looks... Ugly.

Well, as a screenshot it looks good (at first glance), but trust me, it is not good. Its darker than it should be, and you can see plcaces where images were connected.
    In the game, where you would look at it at full screen, you would see it.
    But it's quite easy to do, if I knew how to get rid of transparent fog of war.
  • YovanethYovaneth Member Posts: 691
    edited February 2013
    NM - daft idea.
    [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]Yovaneth
    :ROFL: @Kirkor This has been added to the internal request list. You may see it yet.
    edited February 2013
    [Deleted User]
    Because he is Jesus. Just look at him.

TJ_Hooker
    @Bhaaldog There's a wee tag attached to my profile which says 'Beta Tester' ;))
    [Deleted User]
    :P
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited August 2013
    I missed it because I was away but this was actually well done. Good job! (ohh and *stamps elminster approval*)
    CrevsDaak
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    I never knew you could get out onto the roof. I think it would be great if there was something up there to find. But next time I play I will of course go up there just to admire the view.
    TJ_HookerCrevsDaak
  • DargnonDargnon Member Posts: 31
    This was done perfectly. Note how nicely the city zones connect.
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    necromancer! kill it!

this thread is really old. seeing people reference @bhaaldog before the switch to @samus. there has been a lack of "To end... Like this!?" comments since then.