Skip to content

Imoen Can't Move When Search for Traps Active

I'm down in the 3rd level of Durlag's Labyrinth, in the tunnel by the masks and in the maze garden. (I'm playing on my iPad; I updated to the latest build as soon as it was available.)

Current Behavior: When I tap the Search For Traps button for Imoen, she can't move. Hide In Shadows is *not* active and she is not encumbered and not afflicted with any status effect. When I tap the Search For Traps button again so that it is not active (no red outline) she can move again like normal.

Expected Behavior: That when Search For Traps is active she'll be able to move normally and, you know, search for traps, as she always has before.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there something obvious I'm missing? Any suggestions?

--Chris

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Could you provide your save file? (Oh... Ipad...)
  • kungfuchris99kungfuchris99 Member Posts: 4
    Is there a way I can get the save file off my iPad? (I bet there's not, is there?)

--Chris
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155

Is there a way I can get the save file off my iPad? (I bet there's not, is there?)

--Chris

You can use iFunbox to take the save games out of the iPad (I've done so lots of times).
    I don't know why but this reminds me of the Order of the Stick...
    Okay! Used iFunbox and got a save folder zipped and attached. When I load this save game and play it, Imoen can't move when the Search For Traps button is active.

--Chris
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    She can move for me while detecting traps.

@CrevsDaak must be an Ipad issue or something. Let me know if you can reproduce this and I will report it.
    edited January 2014
    I can move while detecting traps, going to try with Imoen.
    Yeah, Imoen can move too.
    I'll try in Durlag's Tower, but 3rd basement, man, that's insane to reach now, going to get a saved game from that moment from the computer and I'll try again.
    PS: maybe she is Encumbered: Cannot Move, my sister (I got the screenshots from her run (only the ones with Imoen), >:D) ran through that and thought that Imoen was tired so she slept (she does not read a single thing...).image
    @Trsset - forgot to tag you in the last post, too much rumble and not enough tagging, you know, this reminds me of my uncl.........
    Thanks for checking it out, guys!

So I deleted all my save games except for the one I posted here and then rebooted my iPad, loaded the save game, and now Imoen can move and detect traps again. I have no idea why -- but I swear, she totally couldn't earlier.

No idea what any of this means.

--Chris