Skip to content

Constitution decreased to 2 on my mage

kimj75kimj75 Member Posts: 3
edited January 2014 in Not An Issue
Sorry if this has been posted already. I noticed my constitution had decreased to a 2 on my mage conjuror. I don't have any magical equipment that would cause this. I googled and found that this is an issue with the PC version & there is a thread about fixing with EEKeeper. Obviously this isn't an option on ipad. Has anyone else seen this.? Is there a way to fix it on ipad?
Post edited by Heindrich on

Comments

• HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    Did u have a familiar and did it die?
  • kimj75kimj75 Member Posts: 3
    Yes and I'm sure it's died numerous times. But should it be permanent? I used the same mage in BEE1 and this didn't happen. Used familiar all the time.
    edited January 2014
    "...when a familiar dies, the caster loses 1 point of constitution PERMANENTLY.

Example: A mage has 12 hit points and casts find familiar. The imp summoned has 18 hit points, so the caster gets a bonus of 9 hit points.

The caster now has 21 hit points. If the familiar dies the caster loses those 9 hit points (putting him back at 12), 1 point of constitution permanently (which may cause additional hit point loss), and takes 9 damage."

Edit: A familiar should not be used like summon monster fodder. Encase you don't know, u can talk to it and tell it to stay in ur pack, which is nice and safe. :)
  • kimj75kimj75 Member Posts: 3
    Ha! I did not know that. Well that bites. I guess I did better with my mage in the 1st one or I didn't summon my familiar as much. I just started playing the Baldur Gates games a couple weeks ago on ipad. Thanks for the lesson.
    Hehe you're welcome. This game is one massive learning experience, but a hugely rewarding and satisfying one. I'm sure you'll bounce back stronger. :)

Beware when manipulating the powerful forces of the arcane. Read spell descriptions :P

I will move this thread to Not An Issue then.