Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Axis & Allies 1942 Online is now available in Early Access! Buy it on Steam. The FAQ is available.
New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea! Read More
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Constitution decreased to 2 on my mage

kimj75kimj75 Member Posts: 3
edited January 2014 in Not An Issue
Sorry if this has been posted already. I noticed my constitution had decreased to a 2 on my mage conjuror. I don't have any magical equipment that would cause this. I googled and found that this is an issue with the PC version & there is a thread about fixing with EEKeeper. Obviously this isn't an option on ipad. Has anyone else seen this.? Is there a way to fix it on ipad?

Post edited by Heindrich on

Comments

• HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    Did u have a familiar and did it die?

• kimj75kimj75 Member Posts: 3
    Yes and I'm sure it's died numerous times. But should it be permanent? I used the same mage in BEE1 and this didn't happen. Used familiar all the time.

edited January 2014
    "...when a familiar dies, the caster loses 1 point of constitution PERMANENTLY.

Example: A mage has 12 hit points and casts find familiar. The imp summoned has 18 hit points, so the caster gets a bonus of 9 hit points.

The caster now has 21 hit points. If the familiar dies the caster loses those 9 hit points (putting him back at 12), 1 point of constitution permanently (which may cause additional hit point loss), and takes 9 damage."

Edit: A familiar should not be used like summon monster fodder. Encase you don't know, u can talk to it and tell it to stay in ur pack, which is nice and safe. :)

• kimj75kimj75 Member Posts: 3
    Ha! I did not know that. Well that bites. I guess I did better with my mage in the 1st one or I didn't summon my familiar as much. I just started playing the Baldur Gates games a couple weeks ago on ipad. Thanks for the lesson.

Hehe you're welcome. This game is one massive learning experience, but a hugely rewarding and satisfying one. I'm sure you'll bounce back stronger. :)

Beware when manipulating the powerful forces of the arcane. Read spell descriptions :P

I will move this thread to Not An Issue then.