Skip to content

has yoshimo's story been completely restored in bg2:ee? [SPOILERS!]

KorlamaqKorlamaq Member Posts: 216
i've found evidence that yoshimo was supposed to be resurrectable and it was at first intended that he could rejoin the group... i really wish that is the case now! so... are my hopes in vain? and if yes is there a mod yet that can change this? i know its part of the story but i've completed the story so many times now and i've always wished for yoshimo to stay with me :)

Comments

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    No, he isn't resurrectable unless you use his romance mod. What is this evidence?
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    edited January 2014
    As far as I know, that hasn't been restored since it was never finished in the original, much like Kagain's quest. I remember an old trick that somehow let you keep Yoshimo, but I never tried it. No promises, but:

- dismiss Yoshimo before going to Spellhold
    - lock him inside a building, so he can't start his dialogue (i.e. put him in the planar sphere, leave with rest of party, dismiss him, then go to Spellhold)
    - finish Spellhold and all, enter building when returning to Atkathla
    - Yoshimo should give you the "do you really want me to leave" dialogue; say you want him to stay

That should make him stay in the party all the way, though he obviously won't have any banters anymore.
  • KorlamaqKorlamaq Member Posts: 216
    edited January 2014
    Shin said:

No, he isn't resurrectable unless you use his romance mod. What is this evidence?

someone found dialog in the game files for ToB with yoshimo. some between him and sarevok for example

is this mod available for bg2:ee? (or any other mod that lets me keep him since i am playing a male)

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    @Korlamaq It appears to be EE-compatible (except for journal entries), but maybe I spoke to soon - looking more closely at it, apparently it doesn't let you change Yoshimo's fate even when romanced. You can find out more about it here though.
  • BlueSorceressBlueSorceress Member Posts: 84
    Korlamaq said:

i've found evidence that yoshimo was supposed to be resurrectable and it was at first intended that he could rejoin the group... i really wish that is the case now! so... are my hopes in vain? and if yes is there a mod yet that can change this? i know its part of the story but i've completed the story so many times now and i've always wished for yoshimo to stay with me :)

Shin said:

Well, if you ctrl+Q him back into your party instead of killing him in spellhold, or use the console to spawn him, this in an unmodded game (only change I made was a little portrait swapping):

First time this popped up when I was playing vanilla SoA I was utterly befuddled, and until it happened again when I was playing through EE I half thought I'd hallucinated it.

-Blue
  • FatalApocalypseFatalApocalypse Member Posts: 66
    Korlamaq said:

someone found dialog in the game files for ToB with yoshimo. some between him and sarevok for example

Also in vanilla TOB the ressurecter statue has Yoshimo in it's list, but if you pick it it says his life's string has been broken. I assume this wouldn't have been put just as a tease, but as a possible result that was indeed scrapped.
  • VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469
    Haven't tried in ee yet. But like one poster. If you keep yoshimo in the copper coronet. As soon as you come back after spellhold and enter copper coronet. Pause the game and click on yoshimo and quickly add him back. He will die. Just take him to get resurrected
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    edited January 2014
    the story actually goes that the fanbase found out Bioware intended to kill off Imoen in spellhold. after an outcry they made the decision to not killer her, but they wanted to kill somebody off there so they decided to kill off Yoshimo instead. This is why Imoen has minimal banters in SOA, as it was a last second decision to switch the fates of these NPCs, and why Yoshimo actually has banter. I don't know how he ended up with TOB stuff though, so I guess they must have been making both SOA and TOB at the same time to have been writing and implementing stuff for him.
    Sad day indeed... for BG2EE users. The Beamdog Team crafted a nasty script that forces Yoshimo out of the party as he dies.
    Thats just wrong... I think that exploit should have stay for those of us that want to keep him throught SOA. In the original BG2 the only downside was he didn't carry over to TOB.
  • QueegonQueegon Member Posts: 363
    You can still create him with the console and update his experience to amount he had achieved through your playthrough. Since you've been exploiting to save him, you can just as well use the console.
    I couldn't find out what was triggering his death and kicking him out.
    But... I found a way to resurrect him with the EEKeeper without making a clone. Pretty much save the game after he dies.
    Run EEKeeper. With EEKeeper open the save. Go to the tools menu and select edit out of party characters and scroll through until you see Yoshimo. the first catagory you see, you need to change his Current HP -20 to match his Base Hp. Then click the category Characterisitics, change State Dead to State Normal. And save the edit save as a new save. When you load the new edited save. Yoshimo will be resurrected.
  • AstafasAstafas Member Posts: 448
    @Vasculio, how do you get him to join the party again? Where is he after being resurrrected? And will he be available in ToB if you have him in your party to start with?

I would love a fix that simply removes the betrayal (and thus his death), and does nothing more.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    I understand since they weren't allowed to modify original content they were unable to finish the quests originally left unfinished.
  • WebShamanWebShaman Member Posts: 490
    Why oh why would ANYONE want to "save poor ol' Imoen"????

They all must have been totally off their rocker!

Should have let her die - it makes more sense than killing off Yoshi. Also, the impact of having Imoen betray you is...just soooo delicious!
  • KorlamaqKorlamaq Member Posts: 216

I understand since they weren't allowed to modify original content they were unable to finish the quests originally left unfinished.

this makes me think though... why decide to remake a game without the full rights?
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    WebShaman said:

Should have let her die - it makes more sense than killing off Yoshi. Also, the impact of having Imoen betray you is...just soooo delicious!

well first of all the game was not yet released, therefore nobody knew Yoshi. also Imoen wasn't going to betray you, she was just going to die.

anyway I like both characters. Yoshi's betrayed hurt me, even as I didn't like him originally, he did grow on me. Imoen would have also hurt me. In the end I cannot really take one over the other and can deal with what was released, and there will likely be mods to restore Yoshi anyway.
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    Korlamaq said:

this makes me think though... why decide to remake a game without the full rights?
    Because it's not a remake, it's a rerelease.
    edited January 2014
    Astafas said:

@Vasculio, how do you get him to join the party again? Where is he after being resurrrected? And will he be available in ToB if you have him in your party to start with?

I would love a fix that simply removes the betrayal (and thus his death), and does nothing more.

He starts where ever you last had him, so if he dies at the Copper Coronet. He will be resurrected in that spot.

Not sure for TOB... that's yet to be determined. In the original BG2. Yoshimo got trapped in the planer realm of SOA and didn't carry over. The only work around that is to get the locations name and teleport there through CLUAConsule.

• GamingFreakGamingFreak Member Posts: 639
    WebShaman said:

Actually Bioware's *ORIGINAL* plan was to have the party arrive at spellhold too late, Imoen would eventually succumb to Irenicus's plot and die (this could explain why she has such hysteria when you first talk to her after you arive at Spellhold, indicating her mind was practically gone after her soul was taken).

Bioware seemed to revisit this idea however and decided instead to give her more of a part in the game and the option to let her join the party again. It's evident that they changed their minds mid-way through by the fact that Imoen has little to no banter with any of the other NPCs in Charname's party during the events of SoA. This changes DRAMATICALLY in ToB as she seems to have something to say to anyone who's part of Charname's group.
    Update:
    In BG2EE SOA Yoshimo joins the heroes at Elven City to be honored for the heroic deeds. But when you go into TOB. He is gone and all his stuff in force into the parties inventory.

Two ways you could go about it fixing this.
    You will have to CLUAConsule either way.
    Tell Yoshimo to leave in a safe spot on the final battle field before the fight begins. Later when you start TOB. Use CLUAConsule:MoveToArea("2900") to add him back.
    And then CLUAConsule:MoveToArea("4000") to resume the quest.
    Other way is pretty much the same except you leave him at the Copper Coronet. CLUAConsule:MoveToArea("0406")

The devs REALLY didn't want anyone having this guy alive or in TOB. Heh