Skip to content

#7471 [TUTORIAL] - Issue at tutorial (Low Strength Characters Getting Staff not Dagger)

NINANEKNINANEK Member Posts: 5
edited January 2014 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.2)
Hello . I cant equip the weapon ( Staff tho ) during tutorial because I have no strength , only 4 points and 5 is required .

Is this a bug ? What can I do .

Thanks .
Post edited by Illydth on

Comments

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    edited January 2014
    If your Strength is less than 5, you should receive a dagger. I just tested it to make sure it's working.

If you're getting a quarterstaff, you probably have a very old version. If you bought the game from Beamdog, you can update it through the client (Beamdog.Launcher.exe) or launcher (BGEE.exe) you used to install the game.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    No, this is not a bug.
    @Illydth @Troodon80 not an issue.
  • NINANEKNINANEK Member Posts: 5
    Hi again

Its the IOS ver and updated

Seems a bug so , I get staff not dagger
    edited January 2014
    @Jalily this only happens in the iPad version, he gave me the staff and I had STR 3.
    And I have the latest (beta) version.
    CrevsDaak said:

@Jalily this only happens in the iPad version, he gave me the staff and I had STR 3.

So what do you mean ?

Its a bug or not ?

It happens and you cant finish the tutorial
    NINANEK said:

CrevsDaak said:

this only happens in the iPad version, he gave me the staff and I had STR 3.

So what do you mean ?

Its a bug or not ?

It happens and you cant finish the tutorial
    Yeah, but only in the iPad version, yesterday I tested with the computer and they gave me the dagger,now I tested with iPad and got a staff.
    I did not knew it only happening was in the iPad.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Registered as #7471. Touchscreen and non-touchscreen tutorials are a bit different to account for the control schemes, and it looks like this one was missed.
    WTF ?
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    @NINANEK: First, WTF was not needed, I'll explain. :)

This is a bug and has been confirmed as such, it affects the iPad version of the game only. What the blue post here has identified is that this is now being tracked in the internal bug reporting tracker for development time to fix this. It also allows me as a moderator to mark the thread as part of a bug so we have someplace it can be discussed if needed, and a way for the community to understand when this bug gets fixed.

Unfortunately, this also means you will NOT be able to finish the tutorial with your current 4 strength character. Since you cannot equip the staff, and there is no way to obtain a weapon other than the staff, you are going to have to re-start the tutorial with a character of 5 strength or better. This will allow you to get through the tutorial properly.

At some point in the future this will be fixed, till then, use a higher strength character.

Tagging the post for 7471 and chocking it into the Consolidated Reported Issues thread.