Skip to content

Cant Import anything!!

I have played BB:e 1 allthe way trough. have saved games and everything. but when i try to go to BB:enc2 it cant find any of my saved games to load/import. any help here?

Comments

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    You need to copy the Final-Save (or any save, actually) from BG1 to the BG2 save directory. During character creation, select Import, select Saved Game, select the save game you want to import from, then select the character to import.

This is not actually a bug, but I think it was already mentioned as a feature request so as to avoid needing to copy from one folder to another.
  • LordmorexLordmorex Member Posts: 8
    but i have copied every single saved file and has not worked at all. i even went so far that i deleted all saved files but from somewhere still it found my saved games for BG1 but if i resave a game there it wont fin that at all.
  • YamchaYamcha Member Posts: 486
    Dont you need the .CRE file ?
    also check if theres an option to export your character in BG1 EE
    Where do you put it ? Steamapps, Beamdog folder, myDocuments?
    i placed it in beamdogs folders
    and now that i made a game in BG2 EE and saved it it finds those but notnhing else. and eventough i deleted the aves from folders it still keeps finding them...
    @Lordmorex, can you list the directory path you are using? Saying that you are using the 'Beamdog' directory doesn't sound right.

It should be in Documents/Baldur's Gate [II] - Enhanced Edition/ where you will find a /save/ directory rather than the Beamdog directory. If trying to import via the save game itself doesn't work, then you will need to export you characters from BG:EE, then copy the /characters/ directory from Documents/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition/ to Documents/Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition/
    mine is D:/beamdog/games/ there is my baldurs gates..both with different numbers..if i resave my games dosent help at all. dosent even create a new save folder if i delete the old one. exporting the character didnt work. didnt find it anywhere..:(
    @Lordmorex, save games and exported characters will not be located in your Beamdog directory. It should be located in the Documents directory. Assuming you are using Windows, it should look like this:

The directories will look something like this if you have already started and saved a game:

Other than mods, you should stay away from the Beamdog installation directory.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    edited January 2014
    @Lordmorex: On windows 7 your saved games directory (by default) is:

C:\Users\\My Documents\Baldur's Gate [II] Enhanced Edition\save

If you have NOT already started BG2, you will be missing the "save" directory under the BG game directory. We recommend you open BG2, select one of the pre-generated characters and load up a new game with it. This should force an auto-save (after the cutscene) and create all the content you need to import a saved game. To ensure this, use the "save" feature and save the new game under another name. (something like "Creating Save Directories").

Once you have the "save" directory, you should see more directories under it.

0000000 - Autosave
    0000001 - Quicksave
    0000002 - Final Save
    0000007 - Creating Save Directories
    0000010 -
    etc.

If you followed the instructions above and started a new game with a pre-generated character, you should have an AutoSave and maybe another saved game in this directory. You'll now want to go to your Baldur's Gate 1 Saved Game directory and copy one of the saved game (recommended to use the "00000002 - Final Save" game) directories to your BG2 Saved Game directory.

At this point with your BG1 final save in your bg2 saved game directory go back into BG2, start a new Shadows of Amn game, click on "Custom" to create a new character and then "Import", this should now show you the "Final Save" game you copied in.

NOTE: When you do this, one option you will have to select from is the character's sound set. There is a bug in the sound sets where the DEFAULT sound set (and the one linked to it...004 I believe) does NOT work...your character will start without any sound. Select any of the other 3 soundsets to get character sounds on your imported character.