Skip to content

Can't get SCS to fully install for BG1 EE

Badfish_07Badfish_07 Member Posts: 14
edited January 2014 in BG:EE Mods
I've tried the auto installer and clicking on the manual .exe Windows 7, clean install. Most of the mods install but it leaves a bunch out (mostly the AI and fight tweaks) which is what i wanted the most.

Sys_error("setup-stratagems: No such file or directory")
is the very first error. Then some mods go in, then some didn't go.

please help!

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    It is because you don't have all the information of the mod in the correct folder, the folder where you should start to install the mod is where the CHITIN.KEY is.
    I don't remember much about installing SCS so I can't help much more.
  • Badfish_07Badfish_07 Member Posts: 14
    hmm that is where i put it, it's in the 00776 folder, where CHITIN.KEY is, all of the mod info was extracted to there :/
    Heres a screenshot of the folder after i installed SCS.
    Did SCS came with a folder? Search for Sword Coast Stratagems or something by that name in your computer.
    If it is only an exe it should create a folder, but sometimes that folder is created inside another one.
    the auto installer prompted me to specify file location, i put it in the 0076 with the CHITIN. It also creates a .exe as well. I tried the auto, and i tried extracting the DL'd files and just doing the .exe, no go.
    Just checked my install, there it is the main exe and a another exe, a bat, a folder named stratagems, a folder named stratagems_external the debug that is generated upon installing.
    edited January 2014
    When i unpack the DL'd SCS into a folder on desktop, it comes with a folder called stratagems, a stratagems batch file, a weidu app, and a stratagems auto install debug file. executing either the autorun or the batch file takes me to the setup, which creates a stratagems_external file, a setup-stratagems debug file, a weidu.conf file, a weidu text document, and a Wsetup debug file.. I've been looking everywhere and i'm running this installer inside the 00766 folder with CHITIN inside it and it 'should' be working, i have no idea why it will not find the setup-stratagems file it says it cannot find, there are 3 of them there, 2 it started with (app and auto installer) and one that it creates.. a debug autoinstall... i'm lost.
    edited January 2014
    Where's @David when ya need em!
    Edit: he's probably playing one of his awesome mods.
    * @DavidW
    Sure he is somewhere with things that keep him busy.
    Have you executed the .bat? I've used that one to install it, well, at least I think I did so.
    yep, tried the batch, and the autoinstall, both gave same result, some of the mods installing like NPC's go to taverns, tougher chapter 5 boss fight.. and others not installing like the chap 2-4, monster AI, ect.. it gets the same ones right / wrong every time.
    tried re DL'ing SCS and also re DL'ing BGEE from beamdog and starting fresh, natta
    Tried v.27 and same thing, some of the mods work, some dont. I notice when picking options it creates a file in the stratagems folder when it does it right, but for the ones that dont work, it creates the file, gives an error, then delets the file and asks me the same question until i say do not install... anybody else have any ideas?
    installed BGIIEE lastnight and tried installing there, same errors.. It's as if the DL'd SCS program is missing some information it needs to install some of the mods but has what it needs for others.
  • IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    Is your game installed somewhere in C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86)? If it is, uninstall it and reinstall in another directory, for instance C:\Games. Windows protects the Program Files directories for security, and installing there nonetheless can lead to all sorts of problems.
    edited January 2014
    its in C:\beamdog\games\00766.
    I've tried it there, and in program files.
    Tried renaming the files to C:/Games/Baldurs gate and baldurs gate II for the 00766 and the other one for BGII, tried all sorts of combos.. nothing working.. what gets me is how does it install some of the mods like changing the weapons, but not the AI mods.. ugh I've tried putting the SCS in different folders and i know it's in the right one because it wont run if it's not in the folder with the .key file. I've tried putting all of the contents of the download and starting, and also taking out files one at a time like autoinstaller and weidu ect.. just cant get it to work. The same file that it pulls the working mods out of, is the same file that it says cannot find file when it tries to install the improved AI.
    edited February 2014
    SOLVED

Installed the game on a 32bit OS (different PC) , patched SCS, then moved the file to the new PC. is working now.

Thanks for the comments fellas.