Skip to content

Phase I Update

DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
edited January 2014 in The Road to Android
Thanks to your help, we have identified the following issues:
- The right-click functionality (activated by tapping and holding) currently does not work
- The chimneys of the Candlekeep Inn have some graphical artifacts on certain devices
- Certain tablets (Nexus 10, Galaxy Note) pan the screen faster than your finger is moving
- Certain tablets experience occasional hiccups of frame rate when moving the screen across the map as well as during the Gorion cutscene
- The app does not return successfully from being in sleep mode
- Action hot spots are a little too sensitive
- The game has some difficulty returning from sleep mode
- The overhead text is still a little too small
- The text field on the Donate screen needs to be more responsive
- Panning the screen needs to decelerate (rather than stopping abruptly) when swiping your finger
Feel free to continue testing while we work on these issues.
Post edited by Dee on
atomicsnowmanTroodon80CrevsDaaksolodAristilliuscmk24RavuletAdulMythrialusdiggerb

Comments

• AponauAponau Member Posts: 7
    Definitely an informative first beta.
    Good luck bug squashing.
  • DannyBarkleyDannyBarkley Member Posts: 50
    Glad to see all the major issues have been recognised. Hope they don't prove too tricky to get sorted out.
    Is there a way to highlight the openable boxes / tables / barrels etc.? On PC you can just mouse over the things to see if it has a blue outline. Anything like that on the tablet?
  • atomicsnowmanatomicsnowman Member Posts: 31

Is there a way to highlight the openable boxes / tables / barrels etc.? On PC you can just mouse over the things to see if it has a blue outline. Anything like that on the tablet?

If I recall correctly, in the original BG, there was a way to have everything highlighted all the time. Got annoying after a while on PC, but would probably be useful here.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    In the bottom-right corner of the screen there's a button with a magnifying glass; tapping and holding that button will reveal actionable areas of the screen; it will also display your party's current hit points, as well as the current status of any other creatures in the area.
    Mythrialus
    Dee said:

In the bottom-right corner of the screen there's a button with a magnifying glass; tapping and holding that button will reveal actionable areas of the screen; it will also display your party's current hit points, as well as the current status of any other creatures in the area.

Thanks, got it. Helps a lot, although it quite often makes lots of clicking sounds instead of just one, when I press it once..
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    Dee said:

Panning the screen needs to decelerate (rather than stopping abruptly) when swiping your finger

I think this would be a cool feature on the moused versions of the game, as well.
  • wigglesgwigglesg Member Posts: 96
    edited January 2014
    Dee said:

- The chimneys of the Candlekeep Inn have some graphical artifacts on certain devices

This bug is not confined to the chimneys on the inn, I noticed it on the buildings in the SE of the map. It looks like the whole of the smoke animation has been squashed down to a line and then the smoke animation is above it.
  • MythrialusMythrialus Member Posts: 137
    Dee said:

I thought this was a great addition! Glad to hear things are going all and moving forward!
  • MythrialusMythrialus Member Posts: 137
    @Dee Here is hoping things are going well for everyone. Don't forget to stop for some pizza and beer from time to time, it can help to take a step back and recharge when trying to deal with some of the more aggravating bugs.
  • von_morganvon_morgan Member Posts: 2
    Hi all, when can we find baldur's gate on the french google play store. There is no date every where.
  • Out2lunchOut2lunch Member Posts: 57

Hi all, when can we find baldur's gate on the french google play store. There is no date every where.

You will have to wait till the end of the beta. Noone knows when the game will be released to the Play Store yet.

• von_morganvon_morgan Member Posts: 2
    Thank for your awnser, it's so hard to wait for it.
  • Out2lunchOut2lunch Member Posts: 57

Thank for your awnser, it's so hard to wait for it.

Im in the beta and yes its soooo hard waiting... But I can tell you this, it looks great, and is running well on my different devices. You wont be dissapointed.

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @Adul that feature is since vanilla ToB, just press TAB.
    And if you like the creatures' names on their heads, that just causes exploits and bugs, so I rather let it there, in the PC version you have the mouse to put over a creature ans press TAB to reveal it's name and how injured it is.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Commencing Phase II in three...two...one...
    CrevsDaakAristillius
This discussion has been closed.