Skip to content

German Version

2»

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Far be it for me to criticize the folks at inXile for creating a good source of localization information. That said, we do have a pretty descriptive thread for all information relating to localization, curated by our translation coordinator, here: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/24495/localization-projects-where-are-we-at

If you haven't given it a look yet, I recommend you do so now; there's a lot of good information there about where things stand.

For the iPad, I've already given an explanation for the delay. The German voice-overs put the game over the iPad App size limit, so we need to look at a better method of including it.

Our offices are currently closed for the holidays, so if you have other questions about translations I won't be able to respond right away.

See you all in the new year,
    Dee
  • TeischusTeischus Member Posts: 28
    And the textfile is also too big for the limit? Dont think so, but thanks for not answering to our suggest to put in the textfile only with english voice overs
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    Just going to point out here that it's easier to get people to help you when your reasonable and courteous than when you attack them. Your disappointment does not give you cart blanche to not have manners.
    edited December 2013
    i have the right to criticise the way they support us. Ive bought the game over a year ago with promised language support. i mean, 13 Months ago, its really a shame how they support their customers
    Post edited by Teischus on
    As i said, jb community is faster in releasing a jb than beamdog the lang patch, thx for that. Now i finally can play bgee with german text and english voice, no thx to the devs of beamdog btw
  • MikeDeltaHHMikeDeltaHH Member Posts: 10
    And the feedback for this "Support" for the german Customers is shown in the german App Store... lots of well deserved One Star Ratings!
    Teischus
  • davemodavemo Member Posts: 147
    One star ratings from the German store sound fair game.
  • Stonewall6165Stonewall6165 Member Posts: 8
    It would ne nice to have the german Text Files at the beginning. It would make me and many other Happy i think.
  • Stonewall6165Stonewall6165 Member Posts: 8
    How about two Versions, English and xxx lanuages and englich and xxx languages.
  • greenfishgreenfish Member Posts: 84
    davemo said:

Yeah it's called an opinion.

I'd rate this verision of the game 1 out of 10 at launch day, no question about it.

There were 9-10+ ratings which is even worse on launch day.

I gave the current version of bg ee an 8.5 out of 10 on apple.
  • davemodavemo Member Posts: 147
    greenfish said:

davemo said:

Yeah it's called an opinion.
    Rather belligerent way of agreeing with me.
  • AnathosAnathos Member Posts: 1
    so, two weeks have passed, the Team should be back from the Christmas break...
    are there any updates on the German version? any ideas how to solve the size issue? any plans to release the german texts at least? any actions ongoing at the moment or any rough estimate on the timeline?

Thanks!
    tommyM7700Bdaomaxwell
  • daomaxwelldaomaxwell Member Posts: 5
    Good question I also want to know why does two weeks passed…still didn't have other language
  • M7700BM7700B Member Posts: 7
    edited February 2014
    =)
    Post edited by M7700B on
  • tommytommy Member Posts: 401
    @Dee
    any news about this?
  • AhmborAhmbor Member Posts: 21
    News about the german BG2 EE Version?
  • fred4910fred4910 Member Posts: 2
    any news about the german translation?
  • AhmborAhmbor Member Posts: 21
    fred4910 said:

any news about the german translation?

i hope we will get a fast answer :D
  • PoeserPubePoeserPube Member Posts: 20
    Hahaha.. Guys, you don't get it? There will be NO German version. Never ever.. . Face it. Play english or forget it.

@Beamdog: This german translation thing is nothing more than scrubby and embarrasing.
  • fred4910fred4910 Member Posts: 2
    der Betrug <-> fraud, scam, cheating, deception, fooling, deceit
    der Beschiss <-> scam, con, swindle, rip-off
  • tommytommy Member Posts: 401
    i'm frustrated because there is no official statement about this topic....and for some months the have said the will find a solution
  • Archie_DragonArchie_Dragon Member Posts: 29
    edited March 2014
    It'll be never be. Comment edited for content. Please follow the site rules.
    Post edited by Dee on
  • xxsoulxxxxsoulxx Member Posts: 3
    Please bring it out finally -.- ...