Skip to content

Fear not working?

I started a new game as a Mage and tried the spells spook and horror on different creatures through out the dungeon. Every time I cast it the enemy's panic and their circle turns yellow but they still follow me and try to attack my mage. Is this a common problem or am I the only one having this issue?

Comments

• SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    Never had that problem. Is this on ipad?
  • LordVectorLordVector Member Posts: 5
    Nope, this is on the PC.
    I've tried other classed with the same effect. When I cast horror on something like a group of goblins they just keep attacking even though they are supposedly fleeing in fear.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    I don't think this is a bug.
    Sometimes enemies attack after being in fear too, try casting Spook on Firebead Elvenhair and he'll start casting a spell and then he'll run.
    I guess its not that big of a deal. Thanks for your answers guys.
    FYI I reinstalled the original BG2 and tried spook and horror out and goblins in the first dungeon and had the same result. Guess that's just the way it works.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Use Web, same level same casting time, better results but not party friendly, just use Minor Globe of Invulnerability and you can also cast Skull Trap even if your frontliners are there.
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    I've moved to Glitterdust as my go-to 2nd level AoE spell since it's party friendly and I hate chasing after the feared enemies :)