Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Changes made in the enhanced editions?

BlucherBlucher Member Posts: 110
I was quite familiar with just about everything to do with BG1 and BG2 and was wondering what *exactly* has changed with the enhanced editions?

Is there a page somewhere listing all of the changes, large and small?

EDIT: Bah. Nevermind. I think I've found it after several hours over the last few days looking...

Comments

• davidj8580davidj8580 Member Posts: 20
    Blucher said:

I was quite familiar with just about everything to do with BG1 and BG2 and was wondering what *exactly* has changed with the enhanced editions?

EDIT: Bah. Nevermind. I think I've found it after several hours over the last few days looking...

Could you post a link to it, please?

• Demonoid_LimewireDemonoid_Limewire Member Posts: 424
    Blucher said:

Some of the changes, at least the important/gamebreaking ones:

- You cannot change your character when importing him/her in 2. This time around, masteries and classes have one system for both 1 and 2. So you need better planning and foresight.

- Forget the nasty summons old 1 had. Now the system is like 2's. 2 creatures at best, with a lucky casting...

- You can no longer keep items you had on your imported character from 1; the black screen cannot be paused and inventory emptied on floor of Irenicus dungeon.

- Spells like fear have been tweaked in 1, so as to be with the system of 2 (shorter duration, slightly altered mechanics).

- Wild mages can no longer exploit the chain contigency 3x greater chaos shield, to eliminate wild surges entirely.

- Some items have changed name and/or description.

- You can no longer abuse Firebead Elvenhair for xp boost.

Now the good things are:

- Updated graphics.

- Finding easily multiplayer partners.

- Bug fixes, errors corrections, exploits removed.

• IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 866
    @Blucher that's not the end of it, many more were fixed and added since then. Patch log should be here somewhere.