Skip to content

Changes made in the enhanced editions?

BlucherBlucher Member Posts: 110
I was quite familiar with just about everything to do with BG1 and BG2 and was wondering what *exactly* has changed with the enhanced editions?

Is there a page somewhere listing all of the changes, large and small?

EDIT: Bah. Nevermind. I think I've found it after several hours over the last few days looking...

Comments

• davidj8580davidj8580 Member Posts: 20
    Blucher said:

I was quite familiar with just about everything to do with BG1 and BG2 and was wondering what *exactly* has changed with the enhanced editions?

EDIT: Bah. Nevermind. I think I've found it after several hours over the last few days looking...

Could you post a link to it, please?
  • Demonoid_LimewireDemonoid_Limewire Member Posts: 424
    Blucher said:

Some of the changes, at least the important/gamebreaking ones:

- You cannot change your character when importing him/her in 2. This time around, masteries and classes have one system for both 1 and 2. So you need better planning and foresight.

- Forget the nasty summons old 1 had. Now the system is like 2's. 2 creatures at best, with a lucky casting...

- You can no longer keep items you had on your imported character from 1; the black screen cannot be paused and inventory emptied on floor of Irenicus dungeon.

- Spells like fear have been tweaked in 1, so as to be with the system of 2 (shorter duration, slightly altered mechanics).

- Wild mages can no longer exploit the chain contigency 3x greater chaos shield, to eliminate wild surges entirely.

- Some items have changed name and/or description.

- You can no longer abuse Firebead Elvenhair for xp boost.

Now the good things are:

- Updated graphics.

- Finding easily multiplayer partners.

- Bug fixes, errors corrections, exploits removed.
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    @Blucher that's not the end of it, many more were fixed and added since then. Patch log should be here somewhere.