Skip to content

Dying In A Dream

AnimusRexAnimusRex Member Posts: 37
Hey Baldurs Gate fans, I love this game so much. It is one of my favorite RPG's ever.

So, on my 2nd restart (first being due to the corrupt quick save bug resetting everything), I just got into Chapter 2 and when I rest, I have dreams with Irenicus. I encountered about the 3rd or maybe 4th dream where he says something along the lines of "even creatures mysterious and magical will fall". Suddenly my character just *dies* - for no reason. Then it shows the death video and I have to restart. So I can not continue any further if I ever need to rest.

I searched this topic, and browsed a few pages of bugs before posting so I hope this isn't a duplicate, but then again I do since it might be known and being worked on.

Thanks for reading. Be well travelers.

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Can you upload a saved game? Have you done any type of edits? Do you have any mods installed?
    To upload a saved game, go to the documents directory and to the Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition folderand there go to the "save" folder, then upload the saved game's folder, that should start with 0000000.
  • AnimusRexAnimusRex Member Posts: 37
    I found the directory, but when trying to upload it says (BALDUR.SAV) Uploaded file type is not allowed.

I have not modded my game, or edited it in any way.
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    You need to zip the directory and upload the zip archive
    edited February 2014
    Thanks for the clarification. I've uploaded it as .rar

I was working on leveling up Mage to 10 so I can regain all of my Fighter abilities so I removed everyone from the party. I was in the middle of working on killing the beast master to free Rendak and take over the Copper Coronet before moving onto the slave stockade.

Just rest a few times and see if it happens to you, too.

*Edit 10:30* I restarted my PC, and played through the dream scenes again. Usually I spam continue as I've seen this a dozen times, but this time I let Irenicus finish what he was saying before continuing, and I did not die.

*Edit 10:35* After saving beyond the dreams, I killed the beastmaster, and while fighting the animals I ran off to heal myself. I had 26 HP left, with no animals around me, and suddenly I died for no reason. Reloaded game, and same thing happened again. This is sooo frustrating! - Nevermind, my Draw Upon Holy Might spell wore off.
    Post edited by AnimusRex on
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    Yeah, my Cleric's been killed a couple times because of my overreliance on that spell. Funniest one was in the middle of clearing out the Athasian Halflings. The psion failed his psionic roll and I still exploded due to under -10 hp.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @AnimusRex, sounds like I could move this topic to Not An Issue?
    CrevsDaak
    Yes it is not an issue. I just failed to realize my Draw Upon Holy Might spell was wearing off during the sequence causing me to die while being at low health.