Skip to content

[Potential Spoilers] - Unable to progress Dorn's first quest.

AnimusRexAnimusRex Member Posts: 37
edited February 2014 in Not An Issue
Hello fellow travelers,

I recently started an evil party with Dorn, Hexxat, Korgan, and Edwin. I traveled to the temple district to find Dorn who said he was given orders to kill a certain priest of Torm. So I agreed to help him, and we talked to the guards and things became hostile. I killed the guards outside, went inside the first big room and killed everyone in there, too.

There are 3 locked doors that can not be picked, nor opened with Knock. There is no way for me to enter any of the rooms, and since everyone is dead I've already saved not knowing this would happen.

I assume this is a bug since there's no way to continue the quest. I believe I should have lied to say I was involved in the wedding or something, and am wondering if there's something else I'm suppose to do, or if there's a CLUAConsole command I can use?

I have downloaded/installed some mods (D'Arnise, Ajantis, Quests, and Tweaks) before starting a new game, however I have not noticed any changes at all when I was suppose to receive new portraits, some UI changes, and other changes which are not appearing. So either they aren't for BGII:EE or somehow aren't installed correctly? (I installed to default directory C:\Program Files(x86)\Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition. I did make a backup of the directory though just incase the mods don't work.

**ALSO**

Hexxat has been bugging me about finding some treasure in the graveyard district. So I decided to go there when I talk to Bodhi to have them assist me in finding Irenicus, and also for Korgan's book, and the nether scroll for Edwin. I cleared out all of the sarcophaguses, the spider nest, the southern tombs, everything except walking up into the vampire's lair (which is locked right now) and so far nothing for her either. I am wondering if it requires getting access to vampires first.

Thanks for the help in advance,

Be well travelers.
Post edited by Illydth on

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    You have to kill the priest marrying the folks under Torm's statue.
    And for Hexxat quest go to the tomb at the most south, it's tricky to see.
  • AnimusRexAnimusRex Member Posts: 37
    There is a statue in the first big room where I killed everyone. I assume I killed him too unless he somehow managed to escape. But if I did, would there have been some dialogue to say this? I've read that his next quest will open up once he's level 12 so I'm not sure if I just have to wait until then at this point.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    Moving to Not an Issue with the other one. @AnimusRex: You can verify that you're in good shape by opening your console (I assume you're playing on a windows or mac version) and setting your XP to a value at or above level 12 for Dorn.

If you find that the quest STILL does not activate, please @ me here and I'll move the thread back from Not an Issue.