Skip to content

D'Arnise Keep Quests not progressing

I'm playing a Blackguard in BG:II SoA and I've progressed through the D'Arnise quest chain up to the priest who comes along. Its been ages in game and I'm not getting the messenger for the Roenall meeting. How do I spawn him and force the progression of the quest chain again.

Comments

• IratePirateIratePirate Member Posts: 7
    Will do so when I get home, I did the D'Arnise quest chain at the very beginning of the game and I've killed Bohdi and completed most of the side quests, so may have missed the messenger due to boots of speed?
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    @IratePirate: That's entirely possible. Generally he tends to spawn right near you and walk at you, but that's not always the case. Keep in mind, I don't believe the messenger is a required part of this...if you miss him, you should STILL be able to go to the castle and talk with the Castle Manager and have him bring in Roenail...at least I think so.

And yes, after the priest there is a HUGE LAG in the castle quests. In testing I think I finished the priest at Day 36 or so and I finished the ENTIRE quest chain (castle attack) at something like day 72 or something. These things drag on significantly.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    @IratePirate: Please confirm that you can, in fact, get Roenail to appear at the keep so we can close this one out as "not an issue".

@ Me in the reply.
    @Illydth sorry I've been ridiculously busy with work, will upload a save asap
    Files attached
    @Gate70 Just uploaded the save
    @Gate70 That worked perfectly so how would I make the edit myself as I've progressed since the save I uploaded
    @gate70 thanks for all your help!