Skip to content

Searching for a scroll

Hi all, where can I go to buy a scroll of dispel outside of Baldurs Gate?

Also... What potion/spell do I need to counter disease?

Thanks

Comments

• KalesraKalesra Member Posts: 234
    You can find information about where to find different scrolls here: http://mikesrpgcenter.com/bgate/magescrolls.html

To cure a disease you need the 3rd level priest spell Cure Disease.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    edited February 2014
    Kalesra said:

But If we are talking about BG1 diseases then they can't be truly cured by the cure disease spell. This is because the effects of the two diseases you encounter in BG1 (ghast thac0 drain and wraith spider strength drain) are not recognized as diseases and thus can't be cured. Sure the portrait icon is removed but the effects remain. The only "diseases" that are cured by disease curing spells are things like blindness, deafness, and the Contagion spell; all of which (iirc) you can only acquire if you cast hostile spells on yourself.
    Eldrane said:

The easiest one to get is in the area directly north of the gnoll stronghold.
    It is held by a bandit in the area. Be careful. You have to kill him to get it and he sometimes decides not to fight you.
  • BigfishBigfish Member Posts: 367
    Tresset said:

Kalesra said:

But If we are talking about BG1 diseases then they can't be truly cured by the cure disease spell. This is because the effects of the two diseases you encounter in BG1 (ghast thac0 drain and wraith spider strength drain) are not recognized as diseases and thus can't be cured. Sure the portrait icon is removed but the effects remain. The only "diseases" that are cured by disease curing spells are things like blindness, deafness, and the Contagion spell; all of which (iirc) you can only acquire if you cast hostile spells on yourself.
    Eldrane said:

The easiest one to get is in the area directly north of the gnoll stronghold.
    It is held by a bandit in the area. Be careful. You have to kill him to get it and he sometimes decides not to fight you.
    He'll fight you every time if you tell him to tell his men to drop their weapons. If you try to rob him, he'll say he's impressed with your gumption and takes 100 gold.