Skip to content

Fixed Forum Compiled List, Pt 1

2»

Comments

• CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    resin007 said:

I'm a little surprised to not see my "bugs" anywhere on these lists or on the forums which makes me paranoid that I'm just missing some huge list somewhere else or am not understanding something.

Just because you don't see your bugs listed doesnt mean they aren't being addressed. The ones listed are only the ones that have been confirmed fixed. There is a method to the madness:)

Don't hesitate to post bugs if you know of any that have not been reported yet. The search function is kinda wonky, but @Bhryaen or @Tanthalas will adjust/combine any duplicate bug report threads.

• GypsySocksGypsySocks Member Posts: 40
    One of the things that concerns me; How will they be sure that they fix all the armour and weapon bonus's? From what i've read here, and heard over the last few years, i feel like there is a lot of potential to miss something in the broad list of "fixes."
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    @GypsySocks

The developers have mentioned several times that support for BGEE will not end September 18 when the game is released.

If people still encounter bugs (and its likely to happen) they will release patches to address them.
  • GypsySocksGypsySocks Member Posts: 40
    Thank your taking the time to reply!
  • BerconBercon Member Posts: 486
    Just out of interest, does this make all fix packs mentioned in the OP completely obsolete? Obviously there will be bugs but are there known bugs that would be fixed by some fix pack?
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    edited August 2012
    @Bercon

I think they will not be updated to work with BG:EE because they're already doing the work of coding it straight into the mainframe.

Aside from cosmetic stuff from BG2Tweaks like 'remove helm animations' I don't see any of these being updated or touched again.

Leftover mistakes will be rectified with patches or new mods. I'm sure they'll think of something to complain about, all those fussy modders. :D
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    Bercon said:

Just out of interest, does this make all fix packs mentioned in the OP completely obsolete? Obviously there will be bugs but are there known bugs that would be fixed by some fix pack?

Everything from BG2 Fixpack that's applicable to BGEE has been submitted so the core stuff will be obsolete. However, some of the OBC stuff may be relevant.
  • BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    edited August 2012
    @Bercon
    For fixes, yes, a lot of it (but as yet not all) has been incorporated/ is being incorporated into BGEE, so stuff like ToBEx or the BG1Fixpack could become obsolete if we're thorough enough... and hopefully we will be!
    Post edited by Bhryaen on
    AndreaColombo
  • BerconBercon Member Posts: 486
    Thanks for the answers! Good to hear everything is included. Yes indeed I just meant the fixes, not the fun tweaks that alter stuff that is not broken.
  • MilochMiloch Member Posts: 863
    Nice post... beats trawling through hordes of other posts :).

I'm not so sure about adopting everything in Dudleyville though, like this:
    Bhryaen said:
    But I suppose an "enhanced" edition has a bit more leeway than a fixpack, because we'd probably call something like the above a tweak. Maybe carrion crawlers in a cave make a bit more sense, but then the cave's inhabitants are also supposed to be tough due to what they're guarding.
    @Miloch!
    Probably don't remember me bothering you last yr about problems editing Branwen's weapon proficiencies in Level1NPCs. ;-)

Yeah, the discussion on that particular fix thread about the golem cave has been more protracted than on any other this far. Heh.
    Bhryaen said:

Probably don't remember me bothering you last yr about problems editing Branwen's weapon proficiencies in Level1NPCs. ;-)

Indeed I did not, though I went and looked at the post (also since I'm vaguely considering the horror of updating that mod). I assume you've mastered the fine art of text editing since then? :D Though as erik says, editing the L1NPCs tp2 traditionally takes a few pints of "Uncle Korgan's Bloody Thundermead" ;).
    @Miloch
    lol I remember that one! Yeah, I switched to a better .txt editor (though I haven't reinstalled it yet on my new PC). And Level1NPCs is definitely one of the best mods intention-wise and worth the effort... but one of the most buggy and laborious mods to work with... Twould be excellent if it's actually functional, though I really wish it were an in-game option instead given how game-install-intensive the mod itself is... :-/
    Heh, I don't know if I would call the latest Level 1 NPCs "buggy" given that the most significant thing reported in its bug thread are a few typos in the installer (text that doesn't even shop up in the game :)). We fixed that Branwen bug ages ago. The main reason I would be updating it is not to fix bugs, but to enable more NPCs by request.

Yes, it would be nice to have a GUI rather than doing all the changes via WeiDU text, but I think that is a bit of a pipe dream at the moment. It's something I mentioned during one of the first alphas way back when. There are some batch templates included in the mod. Since folks probably tend to make the same sorts of changes to NPCs, they could probably reuse that and save a lot of time.
  • NancyButtpeachNancyButtpeach Member Posts: 38
    I am also a big fan of the Level 1 NPC mod. I just wish there was a way to bring over two PCs in the place of Jaheira and Minsc; I never play BG1 with them, and I would much rather have Xzar and Kivan or Koran in there. Imagine how much fun Xzar the Necromancer would have in Jon's laboratory.
  • MedillenMedillen Member Posts: 632
    How weird. While I wasn't looking, fixed bugs went from 150 to nearly 200... :D Are we over 500 enhancements yet ? ^^
    Been there, done that... And many, many more on the way both pre- and post-release...

@Miloch
    Understood. Much as I like to dream of such things, there's quite the laundry list ahead of it...

I just wish there was a way to bring over two PCs in the place of Jaheira and Minsc; I never play BG1 with them, and I would much rather have Xzar and Kivan or Koran in there. Imagine how much fun Xzar the Necromancer would have in Jon's laboratory.

Sounds like a mod to be made. BGT does let you bring over other NPCs... not sure exactly how it works though. A seamless solution would probably need a fair bit of new dialogue.
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    edited August 2012
    @Nancybuttpeach

I was never a fan of Imoen or Jaheira, but I keep my sister because she's my sister (and a Bhaalspawn, but I didn't know that at the time).

Well, I think the assumed party is very reasonable. Imoen is your childhood friend, Khalid and Jaheira are Gorion's close friends, Minsc is awesome and Dynaheir is his mistress. It all makes sense, even if we don't like it. Overall I don't mind TBH.
    Post edited by Ward on
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    @Medillen
    They didn't just touch the engine code to port things. Most of ToBEx was added, and some other engine bugs that not even ToBEx fixed. Many of these were not revealed by the original dataset, but could break mods.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Tanthalas said:

The funny part is that some BG1/BG2 bugs are popping up that no one even noticed before.

Yeah, the missing character animation bug was really astounding :D
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited October 2012
    @Bhryaen

Can I just confirm when you write "various weapons" does that include clubs? I'm assuming so but I figured I'd ask. The speed factors for a lot of the enchanted clubs seem out of wack.

Edit: Just remembered there are no enchanted clubs in BG, only BG2, so my question is more relevant obviously with BG2EE.
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    elminster said:

@Bhryaen

Can I just confirm when you write "various weapons" does that include clubs? I'm assuming so but I figured I'd ask. The speed factors for a lot of the enchanted clubs seem out of wack.

Edit: Just remembered there are no enchanted clubs in BG, only BG2, so my question is more relevant obviously with BG2EE.

Well there might be, I think I read somewhere that the devs were going to restore the "Root of the Problem" club (1d6 +1; 1d6 +3 vs "Unnatural Creatures", whatever they may be) back into BG1...

It would be good to fix the speed factors of any enchanted clubs, though.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    They removed inmunity to Charm via Free Action!!! Nooooo, I'll have to memorize Chaotic Commands!!! Damn!