Skip to content

[DUPE 4126] (IOS) Purchased portrait in BGee, now it's blank in BG2...

SaphironSaphiron Member Posts: 9
edited February 2014 in Not An Issue
Really rather annoyed here, after struggling with importing (iPad, no editors or folders to mess with) I learned I can't import saves, just export a character... The options's there, it just doesn't work in BG2. Finally figured that out, and now I go to import my character and it turns out the portrait I actually paid to use in BGee doesn't transfer, so I have to fundamentally change my character just to play.

Now I thought paying for the portrait pack was a little silly, but I bought it because I like the title and want to support it... I every rebought the new characters, though it felt like I was being nickle and dined. I want yo support you guys... But nOw it turns out the portrait is useless for imported characters, and that's just unacceptable.

If we buy your portrait pack and import a character from bgee that we spent dozens of hour on, that portrait should carry over. And I'm not all that technical, so all this ifunbox/shadow keeper etc stuff is proving extremely complex and very iPad unfriendly.

Please fix this, i don't want to transfer a few stats and have a stock look on my imported char. I could have done that without supporting the portrait pack. I'm not asking you to make them free to everyone, but if we buy them, and we use them, we should still be able to use them on a character imported from the end of the game.

I hope you'll come through on this, as I'd like to continue with the exact character I had.

Thanks.
Post edited by Illydth on

Comments

• SaphironSaphiron Member Posts: 9
    I've also learned my character's voice is no longer available... I understand growing pains but you must have known these paid packs wouldn't transfer?

I'll hold off playing for now, not a lot of interest in moving my stats over with a new face and a new voice. Disappointing to say the least.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    @Saphiron: Please see the comments on 4126 and 6985 threads marked in the consolidated reported issues thread. Your issue is duly noted.

Marking this as a duplicate of 4126 and moving to Not an Issue as a duplicate.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    @Saphiron: BTW You can import a saved game.

1) Open iFunBox
    2) Navigate to your BG1 Saved Games
    3) Download your 000000002 - Final Save (or other) saved game to your local desktop.
    4) Navigate to your BG2 Saved Game directory (If it's not there, start a new game on BG2 and save it so it will create it, then exit the new game and follow the rest of this process).
    5) Upload your 000000002 - Final Save (or other) downloaded saved game to the BG2 Saves Directory.
    6) Create a new character, choose Custom and then Import.
    7) Pull up your save and use it for import.

You will be brought to the customization portion of the character creation step.

This will NOT work around the 4126 or 6985 bugs. You WILL need to select a new sound set for your character. Whether the character portrait will continue to work or not I don't know.