Skip to content

Problem using EE keeper. Doesent find BG2EE

So, i bought and downloaded BG2EE now for my pc. It works and i can play. Im using a windows 7 pc.
I also downloaded EE Keeper 1.0.2.3.

I started a game, and saved it.

The game was installed in C:spill:baldursgate2 enhanced edition or smt like that. In that folder i cannot find any save games.

When i searched for my save wich i saved as paladin i found out that the saves was under a folder in C:Users:"user":My Documents:Baldurs Gate 2 enhancecd edition.

So i tryed to browse both locations in EE keeper. But ee keeper doesent find it :S

Can any1 help me? :)

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Definetly a question for @Troodon80, I use OS X so I have EEKeeper working with an emulator.
  • Gel87Gel87 Member Posts: 158
    CrevsDaak said:

Definetly a question for @Troodon80, I use OS X so I have EEKeeper working with an emulator.

I also took away writing protection on both folders.
    Can it have been causing some problems that the Ipad version was on pc under same "game"/(spill in norwegian) folder when i downloaded it?

Do i have to choose a languish or does it autopick us_english?
    I now found out that every time i take off writing protection it resets into writing protection :S

So if I dont close the properties on bg2ee folder after i take off writing protection i get another msg from ee keeper, it then says it cannot acces the scripts or smt.

Since the game was put in 2 different places when installed i copied all into 1 folder as well.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @Gel87, I'm not sure I fully understand what happened during the installation of the game. Did you use the Beamdog client, the standalone downloader, or Steam, or did you try to copy the game from the iPad?
    * First i copied the ipad version to my pc to try to use the ee keeper with that one. - It failed.
    * Second i bought & downloaded bg2ee via the standalone downloader.
    * Thirdly i tryed to use the EE keeper on my BG2EE windows version, and find the BG2EE in either of the 2 folders it had been installed into. (it was put 2 places, and one place there was a script and save games, the other folder where i had chosen to install the rest was.
    * 4th i tryed to copy all things in the folder wich only contained save games and a doc into the other one so i had all in 1 folder.
    * 5th i tryed to get rid of writing protection from folder Baldur's Gate Extended Edition folder. But it seems like my windows 7 autowrite it back to writeprotection mode, i think this is what's causing the problem :S And i dont know where to turn of this "auto-writeprotection" of folders/files :S

Can any1 help me out? :D
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    edited February 2014
    Okay, I think I can see where it's going wrong. When you install the game in Windows, you get the game which is/should be installed to somewhere like C:\Program Files\Beamdog\Games\[game number]\ or C:\Games\Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition\. The latter is if you are using the standalone launcher and pick your own location.

The saved games and such should be located in the Documents directory. The standalone launcher, if installed to a location such as the above-mentioned, will have the actual game directory located within it.

In your case, it should look something like C:\spill\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition\Data\00783\.

In the installation settings within Keeper, Settings→Installation Directory..., you need to set the BG2:EE (not BG:EE) installation directory to something like C:\spill\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition\Data\00783\. (You will need to find out the exact directory path yourself)

The language setting is left blank but you will need to select one of the languages, such as en_US for English, from the drop-down list.

You do not need to copy the saved games to the installation directory. You will need to copy the iPad saved games from your device to the \save\ directory located within the \Documents\Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition\ folder.

Troodon80 said:

Okay, I think I can see where it's going wrong. When you install the game in Windows, you get the game which is/should be installed to somewhere like C:\Program Files\Beamdog\Games\[game number]\ or C:\Games\Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition\. The latter is if you are using the standalone launcher and pick your own location.

The saved games and such should be located in the Documents directory. The standalone launcher, if installed to a location such as the above-mentioned, will have the actual game directory located within it.

In your case, it should look something like C:\spill\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition\Data\00783\.

In the installation settings within Keeper, Settings→Installation Directory..., you need to set the BG2:EE (not BG:EE) installation directory to something like C:\spill\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition\Data\00783\. (You will need to find out the exact directory path yourself)

The language setting is left blank but you will need to select one of the languages, such as en_US for English, from the drop-down list.

You do not need to copy the saved games to the installation directory. You will need to copy the iPad saved games from your device to the \save\ directory located within the \Documents\Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition\ folder.

Thank you so much :D

It now works :D I can edit the ipad game as well as on windows games :D