Skip to content

BUG - Ki Chin Sang has nothing to say to me

theleethelee Member Posts: 76
edited February 2014 in Not An Issue
In Hexxat's quest, I agreed to kill the six leaders to get Ki Chin Sang's key.

I killed them.

I talk to Ki Chin Sang and instead of giving me a key or anything, I just get a "- has nothing to say to you" prompt.

(The only thing I can think of that might interfere with this is that I killed one of the leaders via freeze and shattering them. I don't know if this has a different death trigger or whatnot - though other people having this problem seems to indicate that this is just a straight-out quest bug.)
Post edited by Illydth on

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Are you using mods/done any edits? Could you upload a saved game for me to take a look? Just go to Documents/Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition/save and zip the entire 0000000 folder with the save name you gave to the game with this bug.
  • theleethelee Member Posts: 76
    Agh, any save I had there has long been overwritten. I just force-killed him.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    That works too. However to get this reported as a bug we'd need a saved game. If you don't have one, let us know and we can close this off @thelee.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    For the moment I am moving this to "Not an Issue" since it doesn't sound like we're going to get a saved game on this.

@thelee if you do get a saved game uploaded for this, please @ me and I'll move this back.
  • errboierrboi Member Posts: 2
    I'm having the same problem and can upload the save file! I'm not running any mods and haven't made any edits.
  • KhublichKhublich Member Posts: 2
    Had the same bug but found the problem. The mage Ming-hua-di for some reason runs to the begining of the map and bugs into the corner. I loaded the save of errboi and confirmed this as the problem.
  • Swifty_MageeSwifty_Magee Member Posts: 229
    Just wanted to post that I had the same bug just now. I killed the six baddies, went back to Ki Chin Sang, and he refused to say anything. I just killed him and took the key, but I am curious to what would actually happen if I successfully completed the task. Has anyone gotten this to work so far?