Skip to content

Ability to disable new content

Blakes7Blakes7 Member Posts: 83
edited February 2014 in Feature Requests
I would like to be able to do a original run through of the game bg1 for nostalgia reasons. Is there any way to disable the new party members?

Comments

• GodKaiserHellGodKaiserHell Member Posts: 398
    edited July 2016

Post edited by GodKaiserHell on
    meaglothCrevsDaakArchaos
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I believe there are some mods out there that remove the new characters. Otherwise, you can avoid encountering the new characters by not speaking with them; Neera has a forced encounter, but as long as you avoid that section of Beregost you don't have to meet her.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    CRTL+Y on them. There already were two threads about this IIRC.
  • Blakes7Blakes7 Member Posts: 83
    @CrevsDaak I didn't see them so whatever. What does crtl+y do exactly?
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    1149 magical, fire and cold damage.
    edited February 2014
    huh? You mean blast them with a fireball or something. I was asking for something more substantial than hacks or mods but apparently it doesn't exist, C'est la vie.
    It's one of the debug mode functions; hover your mouse over a target, and it will deal 1149 damage of three different types (Fire, Magical, and Cold) to that target. It's usually enough to kill the target outright; we use it for debugging, but you can also use it to eliminate an unwanted NPC.

As with most things in debug mode, though, only use it if you're very sure of what you're doing; we don't take responsibility for things you break in your own game. :)
    CrevsDaak
    I don't mean to sound ungrateful but is that the best you can suggest? Surely when you sell mobile versions where the characters are optional content you can deliver a version without them for pc like a tickbox or something to turn them off or on. Maybe something for Beamdog to add in the future so customers don't have to resort to hacks in future.

P.S I'm not hating on the new characters but nostalgia works in mysterious ways.
    Well, that was by no means the solution I suggested, I was just elaborating on what CrevsDaak said. As I noted in my earlier post, Dorn and Rasaad can both be easily avoided simply by not talking to them; Neera is a little trickier, but as long as you don't go up to her in Beregost she won't bother you either.

That's not to say something like what you suggest couldn't be done in the future, but for the moment it's pretty easy to experience a "classic" play-through.