Skip to content

#7433 [CORE] - Stuck in Cutscene in Forest of Mir *spoiler*

ZubaczZubacz Member Posts: 5
edited January 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
During the cutscene with the fake Gorion, the game gets stuck after the figure from the past of your romance interest appears. I don't know if it matters but the romance is with Viconia.
Is there a way around it without dropping her from the party? And if I do drop her, for this bit, does it affect anything afterwards?
Thanks.
Post edited by Illydth on

Comments

• ZubaczZubacz Member Posts: 5
    I figured out the cause for this after a lot of poking in the variables. It seems, that I had two romances active - one Bioware's and one new, both had status "2". Hence the game was summoning the creature from one romance's past while it was supposed to summon another's.
    I suppose this happened because I dropped the new romance from party while her romance was still active and the new ones do not end that way. I suppose the scene should check who is in the party before it launches the cutscene to avoid this happening.
    It was pretty game breaking, since the scene just halted and required an alt+f4.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Got any saved game before this cutscene happening? If yes, please upload it.
  • JoviwanJoviwan Member Posts: 28
    edited January 2014
    I have a similar problem, though in this case my Romance is Dorn. But I don't think it's related to multiple flagged romances (I can't find any, at least).

Cutscene runs fine until Angry Gorian summons a lady. At this point, all 8 of us just kind of stand there in awkward silence, unable to interact with anything, until I kill the program.

I'm running 2 mods, and I'm not educated enough to know if they'd affect anything: Romantic Encounters and IEP Banters.

Attaching save rar.
    edited January 2014
    Okay, so I got bored hoping this would spontaneously fix itself, so I poked around and got to the part of the cutscene where wraith-gorion calls out Dorn as part of a check if his romance state is 2. As far as I can tell (and I don't have any idea what I'm doing):

1: the dialogue makes a check on the romance, which
    2: then triggers a thing that clears all actions, then
    3: starts another cutscene.
    4: That cutscene makes a pretty graphic and creates an NPC, and then
    5: Tries to force Dorn to start a conversation

You know nothing of what you speak. You belong with my failed ward, however, you who are a murderer as much as .
    (StrRef: 65914)
    ------------------
    Global("DornRomanceActive","GLOBAL",2)
    ------------------
    ClearAllActions()
    StartCutSceneMode()
    StartCutScene("OHDWRA01")
    ------------------
    IF
    True()
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    CutSceneId(Player1)
    CreateVisualEffect("SPFLESHS",[1454.1398])
    Wait(1)
    CreateCreature("OHDKRYLL",[1454.1398],SE) // Kryll
    Wait(1)
    ActionOverride("DORN",StartDialogueNoSet(Player1))
    END

--------------------

So, in my save file on my computer over here with my copy of the game that I'm running (just specifying in case this isn't true for anyone testing the save file I uploaded earlier), in this cutscene, the NPC is created, and then everyone stands around for a while doing nothing. Looking at the script for the cutscene, I'd guess then that whatever link ActionOverride("Dorn",)[...] is trying to bridge just isn't working, probably because it's, uh... Pointing in the wrong place? I'm still digging around in all of his CREs and Dialogues that I can find (I think I'm trying to look around in DORN14 or Dorn25.dlg/bcs).

I don't have a solution but I thought I'd document this because it's... well, gamebreaking, and I'm bored.

EDIT: Whelp, nothing useful in DORN14 or related bcs/dlg.

EDIT: Hey! I think I found something in DORN25J.DLG. Seems to be Dorn's reaction to seeing this Kryll person. It looks like it's... uh, either triggred by, or triggers itself, Global("OHD_wraith","GLOBAL",1).

EDIT: Manually setting that variable to 1 before entering the cutscene did not help. I have no idea what I'm doing.
    Post edited by Joviwan on
    Thanks for queuing it up for a gander. :)

I want to say, with my basically nonexistent knowledge, that something is a) supposed to set OHD_Wraith to 1, and then b) Dorn is supposed to do a check for it to initiate dialogue. But manually setting OHD_Wraith to 1 doesn't fix it, so maybe a check that Dorn is supposed to do doesn't exist or looks at the wrong global.
    For posterity, setting DornRomanceActive to 0 make the cutscene work just fine (obviously without kryll/dorn subject matter).
  • KismetKismet Member Posts: 4
    I had that issue with Rasaad and Kelsey. In my case it was definitely related to having 2 romances running concurrently. When the Master Wraith mentions your romance interest there's a check to see if your romance is in the party and if RomanceActive is at 2. When the Master Wraith summons the loved one, however, there's only a check to see if RomanceActive is at 2. So in my case the Master Wraith talked to Rasaad but summoned Kelsey's father and we all just stood around looking silly.
    ...Ooookay, so I just went to Watcher's Keep for the first time (after I turned off dorn's romance), and the moment I entered he does nothing but reinitiate the same dialogue over and over again: "Kryll? But I saw you die--I broke your neck. What trickery is this?"

Gonna load old save from before I removed his romance to see if going there does the same thing.
    Okay, nevermind that. It looks like while on the way to Watcher's Keep, dorn's quest triggers as one of them there random encounter maps, which is where he starts spamming the wrong dialogue.
    edited January 2014
    Sorry, I really should have been using this Edit function more properly. For posterity, I'm uploading a save. Load the save up, then try to travel to watcher's keep, or anywhere else, I guess.

EDIT: Hahaha. Okay, well, figured it out. I never cleared Global OHD_Wraith out of my save game from earlier experiments. Deleted that seems to be making things work again. I... should really be less knee-jerky with posting updates.

EDIT: Aaaaahahahahaha. Okay, whelp. Consider everything I've said so far to be related to the above issues from other folks. Turns out that a long time back I started the HExxat romance and then kicked her out of the party and just forgot about it. I spotted her global variable and removed it, which made my original problems with the cutscene go away. Sorry that I didn't squint harder at checking for concurrent romances earlier, really should have done that.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    So it looks like we've got a bug where the Forest of Mir's Cutscene breaks if we have more than 1 romance active...and that only seems to be the case when you are romancing one more more new NPCs.

As this looks Scriptie...@Gate70: You want to open the bug on this or do you want me to try my hand at it? :)
    Worked like a charm!
  • LuftwaffeLuftwaffe Member Posts: 8
    For me the cutscene did not break but the original (i.e. non-BG2:EE) romances did not progress forward after it.

I had Jaheira, Viconia nad Neera as love interests.

Gorion's wraith summoned Neera's old lover Avrum and the cutscene went fine. Neera's romance progressed afterwards, however both Jaheira's and Viconia's got stuck - as in not getting the next lovetalk (for days in real time).

Another - rather funny - thing, if I dismiss Neera before talking to the wraith then the wraith will still summon Avrum instead of Khalid or Viccy's bro.
    Avrum never starts his dialog because Neera is gone and any time one talks to the wraith, a new Avrum is summoned.

One can build an army of Avrum's this way. I stopped at 6 :)

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @Luftwaffe how the hell you've managed to stack more than 80 arrows? That stack is of 700+!!

Also, the game is supposed to nake you have one love interest, that's why the others stopped (still no Adem mode sadly :( ) and do it happens after or before you remove Neera?
    @CrevDaak:

The big arrow stack - BG2 Tweaks mod from the Gibbelings 3: http://www.gibberlings3.net/bg2tweaks/
    This is the only mod I have installed.
    CrevsDaak said:

Also, the game is supposed to nake you have one love interest, that's why the others stopped (still no Adem mode sadly :( ) and do it happens after or before you remove Neera?

After I remove Neera.

IIRC, before the old lover is summoned, a global var called LovedOne is set during the dialog with the wraith.
    This needs to be 2 for Jaheira's romance script to progress, 3 for Viconia's romance script to progress.
    Neera's script does not require this global.

Now if I kick out Neera in this area before talking to the wraith, the game thinks Neera is still there and proceeds with her romance path while stopping the others.

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @Luftwaffe oh, I didn't recall the Tweak packs right now.
    I'm going to summon @LiamEsler because romance's variables give me headaches.
    I think that the game is changing the variable to a number to break the other romances, try sending Neera to the Pocket Plane instead, maybe it's using a proximity check like PS:T, so if she isn't in your party she'll interact anyways, that's because romances don't cut in the EE (only for the EE NPCs).
    If it works fine after you leave Neera in a different area, they'll have only to polish it a little for more variables check for Neera.
    I'll try it during the weekend.

I got past the wraith anyway, by having Neera in party.

Then I fiddled with the LovedOne global to make Viconia's romance progress.