Skip to content

Boo's NPC Polls Part 7: Who's is the Sweetest Shorty

booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
They may be short in stature, but they hold a big place in our hearts!

Choose the best thing that came in a small package, and feel free to explain your decision!
Loving the responses so far.
  1. Boo's NPC Polls Part 7: Who's is the Sweetest Shorty110 votes
    1. Mazzy (One word about size and you'll regret it!)
      37.27%
    2. Kagain (spelled correctly this time... since the dolt who made the other poll didn't know what the 'ell he thought he was doin'
        3.64%
    3. Korgan (The firs' ta vote fo' the other gits gets me axe in thar skull)
        6.36%
    4. Monty (Vote for me, lest yer head leave your neck)
        8.18%
    5. Alora (she makes me HAPPY)
      13.64%
    6. Jan (I remember this poll my Uncle Gerhardt made about who was the most Glorious Griffin, way back...)
      19.09%
    7. The day comes when Tiax will point and vote!
        1.82%
    8. Quayle (Have you felt his amazing brain? Go on, touch it!)
        1.82%
    9. Yeslick (There will be dark horizons if you don't change your ways and vote for me)
        0.91%
    10. Just show me the results (this option does NOT mean "all of the above")
        7.27%

Comments

• FrondFrond Member Posts: 121
    How can you not like Mazzy? Cute dangerous halfling voiced by Jennifer Hale. Whats not to love?
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    edited February 2014
    Close call but Alora is probably my fav character in the series

sigh... if only I could I have Mazzy and Alora in the same party

also how come threes a dwarf only poll and yet they still get in on the shorty poll its madness!
    edited February 2014
    how could you say such as thing you monster
  • JLeeJLee Member Posts: 650
    Frond said:

How can you not like Mazzy? Cute dangerous halfling voiced by Jennifer Hale. Whats not to love?

Well said!

• QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Quayle, my next pick would be Kagain then Monty though. :)

Shorties are the best, I like 'em all except Korgan and Mazzy.
  • LoubLoub Member Posts: 471
    edited February 2014
    element said:

how could you say such as thing you monster

Easy, due to my own unique combination of Asperger's Syndrome, Unstable Emotional Personality Disorder and Attention Deficit Hiperactivity Disorder, I lack the common inhibitors that prevent normal people from being awesome.
    In all seriousness now, I was joking, as I often do, or at least try to. I really do not see how you could be offended by statements that are not even aimed at you, but at a nonexistent game character. I do not know about @Heindrich, but to me, your statement stinks very much of flame-baiting.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    @Loub I'm umm, pretty sure @element was joking as well.
    yeh I was just messing around : ) no worries
  • DurenasDurenas Member Posts: 508
    she's so sweet she has rotten teeth and gums!
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    edited February 2014
    Not a single dwarf vote (probably cuz I made a separate dwarf poll). tbh I made the dwarves seperate since they seem to be very popular among a vocal minority of fans, yet also overlooked by most.

I was actually really close to voting Monty, but I've recently seen the light on how cool Jan is. Monty is a really cool character though, and I like how he breaks the mold of "friendly halfling thief" that has been so common (Sam from LotR, Regis from Drizzt, Tasslehoff the Kender, Alora in BG). Its cool that he actually *is* a thief, yet the complete opposite of your typical naughty-but-good-natured shorty. He's very under-appreciated imho
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    Mazzy is kicking some butt on these polls, I had no idea she was so popular.
    This was the toughest poll vote for me, I love all the shorties.
    In the end I went with Alora because I fell in love with her after our first meeting in BG and was sad not to see her return in BG 2.
  • GodGod Member Posts: 1,150
    I don't think you're SWEET enough. I'LL TEACH YOU TO BE SWEET!
    Smile. Happy-happy. Smile. Sweet.
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    I've never met Alora.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Thanks but sweetest is Mazzy, madest Tiax, coolest Jan etc. I WANT TO VOTE VARIATED AND I'VE DONE!
    edited February 2014
    God said:

I don't think you're SWEET enough. I'LL TEACH YOU TO BE SWEET!
    Smile. Happy-happy. Smile. Sweet.

oh my @god this was great!
    @Quartz why do you not like Mazzy? I actually found her boring until I used her for a bit.
  • TwoWayFinesseTwoWayFinesse Member Posts: 128
    Haven't voted for Jan yet, and he's in a party more often that not, so.....

• FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Jan's the most fun but Mazzy... oh, I'm not sure she's literally the sweetest, but she's the one I'd be sweet with.
  • dustbubsydustbubsy Member Posts: 249
    Alora... I want to see the rabbit she got that foot from, it's such an awesome item now.
  • recklessheartrecklessheart Member Posts: 692
    This really is a toss-up between the BG2 shorties. Alora is good, but none of the BG1 characters really hold a candle to their BG2 successors when it comes to the writing. It isn't their fault.

I like Korgan, Mazzy & Jan. I voted for Mazzy for my favourite Fighter though, and I feel like voting for her again would be unfair on Jan, who has some stellar dialogues. Xzar's quest conclusion in BG2 is always very unsatisfying unless you have Jan around to mollify the loss of one of the few sadly-departed BG1 NPCs.
    edited February 2014
    element said:

also how come threes a dwarf only poll and yet they still get in on the shorty poll its madness!

@element That was the worst choice of words to use on a thread created by a Spartan!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    Monty. He's very versatile - good utility thief, backup frontliner, mean slinger, great backstabber. And he breaks with all the halfling stereotypes. I wish he had dialogues about his background and Gullykin.
    I'm glad Monty is getting some love. Most underrated NPC in my book
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    Kagain is one of the most useful tanks in the entire game. Saves you so many heal spells and potions early on.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Another tough choice.

Went with the one that is overly quoted AND has his own "rap" during the credits of the original.