Skip to content

Soooo.... what's being done for marketing?

JediMindTrixJediMindTrix Member Posts: 305
I haven't seen any ad's or trailers online (yet). Who's taking care of the marketing? Is it all viral/word of mouth?

I don't peruse gaming magazines anymore either, are there ad's in that?

Comments

• Metal_HurlantMetal_Hurlant Member Posts: 324
    It would've been good if the dev's had contacted some gaming magazines, websites, etc for interviews. Even inviting one or two gaming mags to their office, showing them how much they've done with the game. It seems the promo for this has been non-existant.

I only came across BGEE from a tech forum that I sometimes read and one of their sub forums had Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition. Even Planet Baldurs Gate has nothing on this. I'd like BGEE to succeed but the marketing for this hasn't been good.
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    It's mostly been viral and web-based. It's had numerous stories on Kotaku and PCGamer, so that's good.
  • JediMindTrixJediMindTrix Member Posts: 305
    That is good ^

Is there any interest in starting a kickstarter for a marketing campaign for this? We could call it Ultimate Goal: Baldur's Gate 3 haha
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    Also it appears in the latest news in Gamebanshee.com

A gameplay video will be probably be at the end of this month, only than they could do a trailer.
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    I've told my friend about it.
  • GaaraGaara Member Posts: 26

I've told my friend about it.

hear for it from a friend & told to another friend & my brother (who told his friend ) so my part is done :)
  • CadrosCadros Member Posts: 253
    It has even got coverage at Penny Arcade, so i don't think they are having any trouble getting their message out.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    Seriously - this will get plenty of notoriety, methinks. It's not the sort of game that's trying to sell a bunch of copies in the first few days, hoping to cash in before people realize it sucks (or is a letdown). This is a cleanup of one of the most loved games in history. :D
  • BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    @reedmilfam very well put bro
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    Random commercial banners on websites?
  • BoozillaBoozilla Member Posts: 46
    Aosaw said:

I've been buying hamsters and throwing them at people on the street.

But I do that anyway...

me too .....
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    I would like to see a bit more marketing done for BG:EE. I don't think the games can survive on just the old fans who are willing to buy the game again. There has been interviews and articles on some sites, but I'm not sure if they would attract people other than old fans like us.

I did listen to a podcast where Trent was asked about getting new people to play Baldur's Gate and he seemed to give the impression he was just hoping that new people would come across it on the iPad.
  • JediMindTrixJediMindTrix Member Posts: 305
    What the hell kinda marketing strategy is that?

We need aggressive >:)>

Kickstarter ads!