Skip to content

Name your favourite little folks in the Baldur's Gate saga!

KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
This poll is pretty much self-explaining. Simple vote for your all-time favourite little folks of the Baldur's Gate saga and discuss away.

My own vote goes to the (ooze) mephits. This may come as an surprise to a lot of people here, I know, but I simply can't betray my true feelings.

1. Name your favourite little folks in the Baldur's Gate saga!64 votes
    1. Halflings
      28.13%
    2. Gnomes
      14.06%
    3. Dwarves
      26.56%
    4. Tasloi
        1.56%
    5. Goblins
        1.56%
    6. Kobolds
        9.38%
    7. Xvarts
        6.25%
    8. Gibberlings
        4.69%
    9. Mephits
        4.69%
    10. Imps/Quasits
        3.13%

Comments

• SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Grrrr, yip yip yip! Grrrrr!
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,317
    Especially Alora!
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Mm, Quasits and Mephits all are Imps, but definitely I have a big dislike for Mephits but a great love for Quasits.
    I only dislike Mephit's abilities, I mean, they are too cheaty! And they are very annoying sometimes in Chateu Irenicus.
    I like Quasits a lot, I even roleplayed one and I'll play with a Quasit in BG:EE and BG2:EE, I've been called Crevspenar several times too.
    And about Ooze Mephits...
    "None shall stand where Ooze Mephit does, unless it walks atop them!!!"
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Totally a toss up between gnomes and halflings, and I love both. I picked gnomes because I love the line the gnome commoners use "you wouldn't hurt a gnome now, would ya?"
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • BeetleBeetle Member Posts: 46
    Finch gives gnomes the win over halflings.
  • NecomancerNecomancer Member Posts: 622
    edited February 2014
    I honestly love goblins, one of my favorite incidents in a DnD game involved a character who owned an ancient relic known as a gun teaching a group of goblins how to use them. Everyone, including the DM(Me), was like "...This is a terrible idea and I'm all for it."

Eventually the goblins learned guncraft but not before one terrible suicide. One goblin, despite warning, kept looking down the barrel of a gun and when told not too simply stated he knew what he was doing. When the gun went off he ended up with a hole where his face was, the other goblins declared it a tragic case of suicide since he apparently "knew what he was doing."

However goblins in BG tend to just shoot arrows and die. So my vote goes for gnomes. Cause gnomes.
    Post edited by Necomancer on

The other goblins declared it a tragic case of suicide since he apparently "knew what he was doing."

Hahahahahahah! :D
  • Demonoid_LimewireDemonoid_Limewire Member Posts: 424
    Dwarves! I always liked them! My first character ever, had been dwarf fighter, when the game had only recently been released! Too bad they have no romance...
  • NecomancerNecomancer Member Posts: 622
    edited February 2014

Dwarves! I always liked them! My first character ever, had been dwarf fighter, when the game had only recently been released! Too bad they have no romance...

I find that fantasy games often leave dwarves out of any possible romantics, some seem to even be reluctant to admit dwarves have two genders. I SAY DOWN WITH THIS OPPRESSION! LET THE SHORT BEARDED LOVE FLOW! Hearts and axes, working as one, to create a better tomorrow!
  • LoubLoub Member Posts: 471
    Kobolds.
    Simply because, in 3.5, they are one of the most mechanically broken races in the game, if you know how to use them right.
    Also, they are adorable. Ugly, but cute.
  • casualtcasualt Member Posts: 35
    I am all about dwarf fighters. Although that is a hangover from icewind dale....Bran Bloodaxe you are the man, or dwarf.
  • JLeeJLee Member Posts: 650

Totally a toss up between gnomes and halflings, and I love both. I picked gnomes because I love the line the gnome commoners use "you wouldn't hurt a gnome now, would ya?"

That's funny because when I saw this poll, two lines entered my head. That one and "you're rather outlandish folk to be wandering 'round here." I chose the latter on the spot but they are both great.

• ArchaosArchaos Member Posts: 1,421
    "I warrant your attention, oh, frabjerous day, calloo-caley!" and "Happy happy, joy joy, happy happy joy joy" ;)
  • If this is to end in fire, then we will all burn toget....oh wait, wrong saga XD
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Anyone heard of vegepygmies before? They somewhat look like a crossbreed between halflings and shambling mounds, but are infact fungus creatures similar to myconids. I imagine that they would've been a perfect addition to BG2:EE... if only Hexxat's personal quest line would take place in Chult, that is. Such wasted potential. :'(
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    I likes the thieverin' stone slingin' hin.
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    Not enough gibberling love in this thread!
  • Mrpenfold666Mrpenfold666 Member Posts: 428
    Dwarves for only one reason: i played a dwarf in my first ever P&P D&D and he was king of the sponges and he had a pretty hefty strike sporting 15 str 18 int and 17 con with 10-13 everything else he was a beast
  • RewolfRewolf Member Posts: 102
    Xvarts......CHARNAME (who was a Paladin) got killed by a Xvart on one of my first multiplayer runs on the Lion way. Ah, the memories.....
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    CrevsDaak said:

Mm, Quasits and Mephits all are Imps, but definitely I have a big dislike for Mephits but a great love for Quasits.
    I only dislike Mephit's abilities, I mean, they are too cheaty! And they are very annoying sometimes in Chateu Irenicus.
    I like Quasits a lot, I even roleplayed one and I'll play with a Quasit in BG:EE and BG2:EE, I've been called Crevspenar several times too.
    And about Ooze Mephits...

"None shall stand where Ooze Mephit does, unless it walks atop them!!!"

There's one room in Watcher's keep where you encounter a bunch of demons etc... In that group there is this one, I want to say mephit, but in any case he has unlimited invisibility. The last time I played, I killed every single last one of them, except this guy. he would blink visible and then do something and then blink back invisible. I chased him around the room for an hour or more and couldn't lay a finger on him. Really got me riled.

In PnP, I was always a big fan of Nilbogs.

DM: You see a group of Goblins in the next room. They seem to have a large pot of gold. What do you do?

Player: I attack them and take all of their treasure.

DM: Ok, you go over and make friends with them and then hand over all of your treasure. They thank you and ask you to leave. Because you are friends now, you walk out.

DM: You are naked in the hall. What do you do?

Player: Um.....
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    All of them!

But especially Halflings. :)
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251

At least you'd be invisible.
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    jackjack said:

Um? Why?
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251

jackjack said:

Um? Why?
    http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0025.html
    jackjack said:

jackjack said:

Um? Why?
    http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0025.html
    You can't fault that logic.